Dahua camera didnt come back up after reboot? No port 80?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Dahua Sd52c225u-hni. It has been working great for a number of years. Firmware is 2.812.00000009.0.R (might be one more or less 0).

Nothing changed on my network, no firmware upgrade, working fine for a number of years. My DVR didnt have the image, so I logged in, checked settings, looked OK but I did enable multicast (which was disabled) as I was matching another camera settings, saved, then did a manual reboot (it does daily reboots).

So the camera comes online, responds to pings, when I do a port scan it shows ports 22 & 8088 open. The dahua config tool sees the camera but wont let me perform a factory reset. Wireshark shows the camera on the network.

Code:
SERVER: Linux, UPnP/1.0, Private Upnp SDK\r\n
NT: upnp:rootdevice\r\n
NTS: ssdp:alive\r\n
USN: uuid:www.dahuatech.com.device_3_0-CHANGEDBYME1::upnp:rootdevice\r\n
The cameras are on an internet-less vlan so not sure if that is whats causing the issue. I access the camera from BlueIris, not using P2P.

Any suggestions on what I can try? I shut it off for 5 minutes but that hasnt helped (yet).

Thanks,
Rich

EDIT: It looks like SSH comes on for 10 seconds? I am able to login for a moment before it closes the connection:

Code:
login as: admin
admin@192.168.2.20's password:
JSON Parse Failed, Try again
JSON Parse Failed, Try again
Date&Time: Nov 15 2018 16:04:20
Revision: 48257
Enter 'help' for a list of commands (dsh)

add LD_LIBRARY_PATH
#
Not sure what I could do within the SSH shell but figured I would try - sort of sucks it closes so fast.

Last edited: