Dahua Camera ID n24bg53i

Frankydp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems to match a IPC-HDW4231EM-AS but not the IPC-HDW5231R-Z. Lux put me on the right path. Thanks. The 4231 is technically a Star Light camera.

Nice to find a local distributor with the 4231 at a reasonable-ish price.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the varifocals have a much larger aperture and get much better low light ratings, unless your going for indoor cameras you'll be better off spending the extra dough on a varifocal.. Ive compared directly the F1.4 vs F2.0 on these Starlights and it was very dramatic.

Frankydp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am shopping for some indoors, where i do not want to leave lights on. Really only posted because I was surprised to see a 42xx with only a 20% markup and a warranty stateside, these do look drop shipped though.

You are certainly right on the max App. The progression is logarithmic, so that 1.4 is a 2x-3x bigger lens opening, ie more of an ever bigger circle exposed. That being said, usually variable focal lengths leads to a changing max App. The specs on the 5231 does not list a max App split so it is possible/common for the max App to maintain across small focal length ranges, but it the SD65c131U-HNI does list a split. I mention that because that means you should have to adjust shutter speed at max zoom on the 30x cameras to maintain the light saturation, and I wonder if the auto-focus accounts for that. Keeping in mind that with apertures this large that you would still be making adjustments on the fast side of the list.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the varifocals perform just the same regardless where the optics are zoomed and focused, the ultra even has a p-iris...

ive seen no visible evidence from any videos posted so far of any noticeable degradation in light performance on the starlight ptz's at distance.. either its adapting or your misinterpreting the specs.

I'll find out soon enough as I have a 25x ptz on the way.

Frankydp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah just a thought experiment.

The 25x HNI looks to be F1.6 ~ F4.4. It will be interesting to see if that matters at night.