Dahua Camera IP Address Change to New Subnet

Reaction score
I have a new Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and a 5yr old Dahua SD29204T-GN 2MP 4x OZ
I want to change their current IP address subnet from 192.168.1.* to 192.168.30.*
Is that safe to do in the Dahua web app? Has anyone done this with Dahua cameras? I am using Synology Surveillance NVR for recording.
I bricked an old Hikvision camera a couple of days ago trying to do this in its web app (settings would never apply) and no reset button. So I am worried that I might bork these cameras if I try this change.
I am setting up separate VLANs for my network and I would like to assign the IP cameras to the new subnet: 192.168.30.***

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We change IP addresses all the time in Dahua cameras with no problem.

You shouldn't have bricked the Hikvision doing that either. You changed the subnet now you need to change the computer to that subnet.

For this camera you will need to use Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with IE tab, but plain ole Explorer. If you use another browser some of the settings won't hold, like tracking time.

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1681954136324.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response :)

I can change the 3rd octet of the IP? and the camera won't choke? For example:

Default camera IP: 192.168.1.108
New IP: 192.168.30.108

I've already changed the the 4th octet on the cameras without a problem.

My router and switch allow POE port profiles (I can assign VLANs/subnets to individual ports) - I've done this with all my IOTs already on 192.168.20.***

Thanks for your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and a 5yr old Dahua SD29204T-GN 2MP 4x OZ
I want to change their current IP address subnet from 192.168.1.* to 192.168.30.*
Is that safe to do in the Dahua web app? Has anyone done this with Dahua cameras? I am using Synology Surveillance NVR for recording.
I bricked an old Hikvision camera a couple of days ago trying to do this in its web app (settings would never apply) and no reset button. So I am worried that I might bork these cameras if I try this change.
I am setting up separate VLANs for my network and I would like to assign the IP cameras to the new subnet: 192.168.30.***

Thanks
You can easily do this by temporarility changing the ipv4 address for your pc in the network settings to something like 192.168.1.100 then you can access the camera directly. There are many threads on this.

The 5231 is an old dated camera so I hope you didnt pay much for it.

Reaction score
You can easily do this by temporarility changing the ipv4 address for your pc in the network settings to something like 192.168.1.100 then you can access the camera directly. There are many threads on this.
Thanks

The 5231 is an old dated camera so I hope you didnt pay much for it.
It's been in the original box for 4/5 years, can't even remember how much I paid for it.

Reaction score
We change IP addresses all the time in Dahua cameras with no problem.

You shouldn't have bricked the Hikvision doing that either. You changed the subnet now you need to change the computer to that subnet.
I got the HIKVISION camera going again... I needed to change the port profile back to the subnet set in my VLAN. That is good news, I really thought I borked the thing.
I logged into the camera from a web page and it says its a Model IPC3042 and maybe an ANPVIZ camera? It's about 5 years old.