Dahua Camera (IPC-HFW2531T-ZAS-27135-S2 ) is not Recognized as per WEb Services but OK from SmartPSS ? How to solve it

TOzgur

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,

My camera (IPC-HFW2531T-ZAS-27135-S2 ) configuration is as follow withSmartPSS, it is new type of NVR ( NVR4216-16p-4ks2) where each camera is supposed to be connected automagically but I coulnd't figured out please find the below screenshots from SmartPSS.
It seems that camera is registered. But interestingly from web services the status of camera is still not green light.

1711315200093.png

1711315305511.png

1711315679755.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont use SmartPSS to register or configure your cameras in any way. It is a good viewer/playback app. Stop there

Use the NVR web interface as in the bottom image and then go to each camera via the blue IE icon to make all settings on the camera itslef.

As far as your problem, Tell me what you did.
  • was the camera new out of the box never connected?
  • Did you connect it to port 14 for the very first time?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Very unusual. On a brand new cam, it should recognize it, move it to the bottom pane, and show a green indicator (which means the admin password from the NVR has been passed and set on the camera) and you should have a blue IE button to access it.

Did you try some otherway of initiating it?

I would, delete it from the bottom pane, do a hard factory reset on it and let it try to reinitialize by itself.

TOzgur

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try some otherway of initiating it?
On first run of NVR I tried on TV screen to configure it It is recognized but later on I switched to web interface to manage it , but at the very first time I connected 2 camera at the same time to NVR probably that was confusion.

As far as I understand TV screen configure, web service, SmaprtPSS and are not totally synchronous with each other, based on the link below posted by you I found that statement very weird " I can assure you it assigns the NVR password to the camera. "

I would, delete it from the bottom pane, do a hard factory reset on it and let it try to reinitialize by itself.
yes that I'll do with the steps listed below,
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

In order to have the camera view do I really need to configure the record settings to view something from camera or it is not needed ? Because HDD is installed and not any bad sector on it and functioning properly, If that was not cause of malfunction of camera I'd live config of storage to later stage.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No you dont have to configure recording if you only want live view.

TOzgur

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear @bigredfish,

I hard resetted ip cam and nvr and do as you instructed in PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch article and received the following which means the ip camera pass is not the same as I set for NVR.

I believe that if I can connect to camera and set the password manually problem will be figured out because I don't have the direct access to camera via web browser ( see below is grayed out) so my question is :

Is there any way other than that web browser to connect to camera and configure it ?

1711385766456.png

Please see the registration page as well

1711386242873.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can set your laptop to accept a 10.1.1.x address, you should be able to plug into a poe port and reach the camera at 10.1.1.66

TOzgur

n3wb
Reaction score
you should be able to plug into a poe port and reach the camera at 10.1.1.66
yes that was the gist, for the others who may come across with such problem please plug in your ethernet cable to PoE port of NVR in that way you can connect easily to sub class network of cameras.

Thank you @bigredfish