Dahua camera on L×r×x NVR

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

After way too much phone and email time, I am searching for help here.

I have noticed that there are a few great info providers, but I haven't been able to find my answers.

I need audio recording to go with my L×r×x LNR series nvr. L×r×x doesn't offer anything that is appealing to me.

I have purchased a 110v powered 12 volt micro microphone, with rca type connections. Now I need a camera that will accept the signal, and record it along with vid, at the lnr4onesix.

I have looked at Dahua cameras, but I am unsure if they will work. I kinda suspect that I will need a firmware change, but am unsure of that, too.

I have 16 ch with 8 available channels that are rj45/ip type connections. The system won't be connected to the www.

Thanks for the help. Links are appreciated, too.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you not spell Lorex? why not just get a cam w/a built in mic?

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry,... I can spell Lorex. Since I couldn't find any info on them, other than bad reviews, I suspected that they were somehow protected....ad money or whatever else.

There is close to 30 ft difference between the camera and where the action is. I have already mounted the microphone, and later learned that the RCAs on the back of the nvr, in their current state, will not record. I am now searching for a camera, with rca audio input, that will work with my setup via ethernet cables

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lorex IP cameras are likely a rebranded Dahua; they are owned by FLIR.. the manufacturer of thermal cameras our military uses.. but Lorex is the consumer/business products.

sounds like you have a really old analogue setup, your going to have to ditch it or replace the recorder with a Hybrid one that does both Digital and Analogue.

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know all of the specifics, in relation to your last reply.

Thanks for the company explaination, but having a big company name with milspec stories, doesn't bring anything to my sitch. Their customer service lives far past their bad reviews.

I'd suspect that it is digital, being that they are IP/POE cameras. The system is new to me, but the owners manual is dated 2015.

I'd guess that their cameras are rebranded Dahua, too. All of the models that I have searched have some sort of firmware upgrade warning.... which is why I'm here.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
got any model #'s for the cameras and recorder? need a better idea of what your working with.

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am unsure of which dahua model will work. I like the bullet style, 3mp, with rca audio input, rj45 pigtails, but....

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you see on the lorex page where it states that 3rd party cameras will not work?