Dahua camera problems

reje

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have set up my camera and everything but now in smart PSS it says Offline (Invalid user name or password).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try stopping smart PSS and log in through the camera's web interface to see if you get a more detailed error. If the account was locked due to too many bad attempts you can power cycle the camera to reset the lockout.

reje

n3wb
Reaction score
Try stopping smart PSS and log in through the camera's web interface to see if you get a more detailed error. If the account was locked due to too many bad attempts you can power cycle the camera to reset the lockout.
On the web interface I just get an error saying I need some plugin for google chrome but Im on firefox anyways..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to log in and even do most configuration without a plugin. On either firefox or chrome.

reje

n3wb
Reaction score
Oook I finally got it to work after trying a couple of combinations, thanks.

Firewire

n3wb
Reaction score
It will be obvious that I have little clue about what I'm doing, but I just got a " locked out of account" q and need to know how to power cycle the camera to reset the lockout.

Thanks to all for being supportive!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It will be obvious that I have little clue about what I'm doing, but I just got a " locked out of account" q and need to know how to power cycle the camera to reset the lockout.

Thanks to all for being supportive!
Unplug the camera for 5-10 seconds, then plug it back in.