Dahua camera recording to SMB share

Slice

n3wb
Reaction score
On the wiki i found this: DahuaWiki
Is it actually not able to save on a SMB/CIFS share?
I've heard smartpss has the ability to setup NFS shares and i would be surprised if they weren't done with SMB.

I haven't been able to save footage on my SMB share yet. Not quite sure what i'm doing wrong.
I know there are many factors, but i made sure anyone can write/read the share.

Slice

n3wb
Reaction score
So i got 1 step further and got NFS working... It took a long time but i didn't realise the path that OMV used (or maybe it's just NFS in general).
It was mounted in /export/nfs... etc

So NFS NAS is working right now, has anyone got it working with SMB?

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ftp works also just needs omv ftp option "Allow clients to resume interrupted uploads and downloads " enabled so camera can stay connected to record properly. Also (you may already know) adding a nfs share to samba/cif so file is windows viewable.

Slice

n3wb
Reaction score
Ftp works also just needs omv ftp option "Allow clients to resume interrupted uploads and downloads " enabled so camera can stay connected to record properly. Also (you may already know) adding a nfs share to samba/cif so file is windows viewable.
Yeah indeed, i used ftp in the past. But i've noticed performance wise it wasn't up to standards.
Now that i'm using NFS protocol, the performance is so much better!

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah indeed, i used ftp in the past. But i've noticed performance wise it wasn't up to standards.
Now that i'm using NFS protocol, the performance is so much better!
No doubt about it. Myself I'd blow ton of time getting nfs figured out to work before doing ftp. I have 3 ptz cams that only do ftp is only reason I use it.
Would not buy another camera that doesnt do H265 (+) also as it takes aroud half the storage compared to my H264's.

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At this point op may need someone with linux- command line input experience to look at export file and decipher whats going on...

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At this point op may need someone with linux- command line input experience to look at export file and decipher whats going on...
oops, posted in wrong tab. Disregard that last post as I can't delete it.