Dahua camera setting - Network/QoS

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I run 13 cameras, all Dahua (EmpireTech). I'm slowly going through each network setting just to make sure things are in order. Anyway, in relation to Network/QoS the settings are the default setting of 0 out of 64. With these settings I have no issue with monitoring live feeds or recording, in Blue Iris. I understand if set that it informs my router (udm pro) to give the feed more priority but I'm not sure how that impacts the rest of my network. The CCTV system is on a VLAN. I notice at times, most times, when I have the web browser open for any camera the live feed (in the browswer) goes blank and get the windows circle thingy rotating. At these times I also have BI on and viewing the same camera.

01-12-Network-QoS.jpg

Should I leave these settings as they are?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the brand of POE switch your running? and What, if any cam data is traveling thru the router.....
I had the "circly thing" when i had my shit on a 10/100 Switch. with a shitty 80 Mbps NVR.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the brand of POE switch your running? and What, if any cam data is traveling thru the router.....
I had the "circly thing" when i had my shit on a 10/100 Switch. with a shitty 80 Mbps NVR.
I have a UDM Pro (router), and a Unifi 500w 24 port poe switch. The cameras all emanate from the switch, don't reach the router. I can't recall the precise throughput details, but I know I paid a premium for it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe it's not what I was thinking.
maybe the stream can only play one 1 thing at a time? or one stream at a time?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score