Dahua camera settings keep resetting ??

Reaction score
This is absolutely driving me crazy. I have a Dahua NVR with 6 cameras. I keep setting the video encoding settings to H264 because I am also using Scrypted to get the video into Homekit. Everything works fine when the settings stay at H264. After a few minutes the settings seem to auto revert back to H265. I can't figure out why. I check the NVR settings and they also seem to revert to H265, so my guess is the NVR is overriding the camera settings. Any idea why the NVR (or the camera) settings would keep reverting?? This is seriously driving me crazy.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes , that are useful information.
Maybe ask your seller for help ? He should know what he selled you.

i also have nvr and some cameras. i dont have this problem.

but i know that there is an auto-h265 button under the camera tab.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to make the changes in the camera GUI, not the NVR GUI. It will pull what the camera has.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1673448986754.png