Dahua Camera Time resets

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 6 Dahua cams on of which is a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IP Camera 2MP Starlight WDR varifocal with audio. This camera along with 5 of another other model all use the same time server but this one rolls back the this date. I haven't caught exactly when but I think it is when I configured them to reboot weekly.

I also have had issue with this camera not saving setting changes. I can hit the same button and reboot and loose the settings many times before the setting change will be present after a reboot???

I have listed the firmware and I believe there is an update that I can try to apply IF the group thinks that would help correct this. I would appreciate if someone could point me to a guide for doing that. This guy is tough to get to so I want to be careful I don't need to reset it.
Thanks!

1621366970857.png
1621367037680.png

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you making the changes and saving within Internet Explorer? Some of these cameras are picky and not even another browser with IE plug-in will work.

Many of us here hit save 3 times and then the refresh button to ensure it took...yeah some of these cams are wonky...

And a few of these cameras also have weird quirks like this. One of mine resets the bitrate after a reboot.

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had not tried that. I had tried changing other things and the turning off the DST setting and have not been able to get it to survive and reboot.
So... I just tried saving the change numerous times (5-6) and that did not work.

I am using IE -- WOW wondering how long I can do that but--- that's another story.