Dahua Camera Timeout?

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need help!

I have A Dahua turret (HDW4631C) that suddenly timed out today (BI 8000274c)

I am away from home, and my wife isn't tech-savvy. I remoted in and can't log-in to the camera IP, did a quick search and it's not on the network. We have had non-stop rain for a few hours, did this camera just die?

I certainly hope not, I have 4 more en route and we haven't even started spring here in North Texas. I did use the weatherproof rj45 connector.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Questions;
Is it running POE or powered by power adapter?
If powered POE, is it from POE NVR, POE switch or POE injector?
Using static IP's for NVR and cam?
Using VPN?
Can she at least 'power-cycle' the cam? (unplug the power source for 30 seconds then plug back in, wait 60 seconds then you can try and access again).

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Questions;
Is it running POE or powered by power adapter?
If powered POE, is it from POE NVR, POE switch or POE injector?
Using static IP's for NVR and cam?
Using VPN?
Can she at least 'power-cycle' the cam? (unplug the power source for 30 seconds then plug back in, wait 60 seconds then you can try and access again).
-POE Switch
-don't remember if I set them to static, but as mentioned, a scan on the modem didn't pull any new IP
-no on VPN
-just had her power cycle with no fix

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what are the odds this thing got water damaged? Either a wild fluke, bad mounting/bad connection?

There are no other unknown IPs on my network, which leads me to believe it's dead. Only 2 weeks old and I have 4 more en route :(

When I get home I can test to see if it even comes on, or if a hard reset does anything

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what are the odds this thing got water damaged? Either a wild fluke, bad mounting/bad connection?
It's possible water got to it, but because I'm not totally familiar with how you access it remotely, I'm not convinced that your WAN IP did not change and therefor if you're not using a DDNS then your remote app can't find it on your local network.

There are no other unknown IPs on my network,
Are there IP's you DO know?

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's possible water got to it, but because I'm not totally familiar with how you access it remotely, I'm not convinced that your WAN IP did not change and therefor if you're not using a DDNS then your remote app can't find it on your local network.

Are there IP's you DO know?
yep, all of them (other cam, access points, garage door openers and my printer). All accounted for and missing the 1 that's offline.

My WAN is the same since I can access BI and RDA.

I'm not a networking guru so I'm just ignoring your DDNS comment, have no idea what that means

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odds are low.

Can she access the BI console? have her restart the camera in BI. You never know.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yep, all of them (other cam, access points, garage door openers and my printer). All accounted for and missing the 1 that's offline.

My WAN is the same since I can access BI and RDA.
Just now learning you had BI! Now you know why I ask so many questions as there can be so many variables. And since I also just learned you can see other IP's I think it's the cam.

Good luck!

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odds are low.

Can she access the BI console? have her restart the camera in BI. You never know.
i can remote in via RDA and do it
Just now learning you had BI! Now you know why I ask so many questions as there can be so many variables. And since I also just learned you can see other IP's I think it's the cam.

Good luck!
thanks for the tips! Will be a bummer if it's thr cam since it's new. Hopefully a fluke, as I've mentioned I have 4 more en route

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odds are low.

no dice, power cycle and restart via BI

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was worth a shot.

Factory ip is: 192.168.1.108:80. If your subnet is different it might have changed during a power failure. Always use static IPs with cameras. In both Camera and router.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is a China Region cam, they should be avoided.
Is the "waterproof" connector in a weather protected location?
If not the weather proof connector isn't enough by it's self.
You need Di-electric grease in the connection, and Silicone wrap around the entire assembly.
https://www.amazon.com/X-Treme-Tape-TPE-XR1510ZLB-Silicone-Rectangular/dp/B00HWROO7E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1519234579&sr=8-6&keywords=waterproof+tape
i was leery at first, but after reading up on the china cams it seemed firmware was the only inconvenience.

as far as weatherproof, that has to be it 100%. it's been non stop raining in north texas.

can i leave the weatherproof cap completely off, and just use dielectric and tape? maybe reverb caulking? they are flush mounted with all the wiring stuffed behind the "eyeball"
on that note, could I safely cut off the power cord/pigtail?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you are using port forwarding....it is possible the cam has been hacked and is being hammered from the internet, and that's the reason it's offline to you.

If your lucky the POE rj45 is simply fried, and can be powered by the 12v pigtail.
Not sure how you were able to fit all the connections behind the eye.

I wouldn't cut off the pigtail if it can be avoided.

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you are using port forwarding....it is possible the cam has been hacked and is being hammered from the internet, and that's the reason it's offline to you.

If your lucky the POE rj45 is simply fried, and can be powered by the 12v pigtail.
Not sure how you were able to fit all the connections behind the eye.

I wouldn't cut off the pigtail if it can be avoided.
only BI is forwarded, the cams themselves are not

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the water had shorted it out. bad.

didn't take pics, but 2 of the wires were black both on the female and male end.

I cut back the line and put a new rj45 on.

Previously I had also, painstakingly, jammed all wiring, weatherproof caps, and power pigtail in the housing underneath the eyeball.

I since stich drilled a bit, and chiseled the rest, to fit the weatherproof cap into the brick. Camera regained it's full 360* articulation.

Also, as suggested, I dabbed dialectic grease on the connection and wrapped all the connections in silicone tape.

Thanks guys!

TFSole'

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Alhua (sp?) N42B2P2 and it will time out...very annoying.

Any idea how to change that setting on this model?

Chris J LaBoda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got a "Message from webpage" "Connection time is out!" When using Internet Explorer to view the cameras. Setting up a new system inside before I install it outdoors.