Dahua camera web interface - OS support, plugins in 2018

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello there,

Has anybody found the solution for being able to access web interface of Dahua Cameras (or in my case VTO2000) on a Mac ?
I have a VTO2000 and trying to access its web interface I only see the "gray" window but the "Login / password" window prompt is missing ...

Many thanks !

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello there,

Has anybody found the solution for being able to access web interface of Dahua Cameras (or in my case VTO2000) on a Mac ?
I have a VTO2000 and trying to access its web interface I only see the "gray" window but the "Login / password" window prompt is missing ...

Many thanks !
Google Chrome or FireFox ESR 52 (you have to prevent it from auto updating to a newer version).

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use Chrome and NACL Plugin without issues. Safari works but any feature that uses a plugin like view and import/export don't work so it have limited use...

My MacOS camera software

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys are you really sure it works for opening the VTO2000 web interface ??
I tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox and they all open a gray window without any login / password window !!
For Firefox all the Addons I can find are just allowing to open a link in IE when clicking on it.
In Chrome I can not find this "NACL plugin ..."

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys are you really sure it works for opening the VTO2000 web interface ??
I tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox and they all open a gray window without any login / password window !!
For Firefox all the Addons I can find are just allowing to open a link in IE when clicking on it.
In Chrome I can not find this "NACL plugin ..."
No guarantees. The VTO devices are 'special' like that. Different Dahua devices / firmware version require different plugin versions and sometimes acquiring a compatible MacOS plugin is quite difficult.
SmartPSS is probably your best bet.

There's some info on the NACL chrome app here: How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins

zeilstar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a BVSecurity cam from Amazon, with little documentation and support, but have finally found some solutions and am streaming.

Windows 10
ONVIF Device Manager
-> was not originally able to access any type of web interface, but could see camera in Shinobi, TinyCam, etc.
-> could see a FW version, googled, found that the camera was a rebranded Dahua, googled some more found a newer FW, and pulled the trigger on the update
-> then could access browser interface within ONVIF Device Manager, or from any browser
-> within ONVIF Device Manager's built in broswer, clicked to install plugin, a yellow IE11 bar popped up at the top asking to install plugin, proceeded
-> the first IE11 window popped up asking to use default or custom settings, proceeded
-> now viewable in IE11, or embedded in ONVIF Device Manager

Benefits:
firmware upgraded gaining direct access and a few more features
not necessary to use an intermediate tool to access the hardware
discovered information about what the hardware actually is

Cons:
IE11 based viewing only

End Result:
Streaming from a browser was not my goal, as I have a sandbox Shinobi system set up

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not all the solutions work that show all the camera functions and programing. Items like IVS, etc... I am having a problem viewing my cameras... I have many ptz cameras.
Internet Explorer, it works, however it times out, then I have to log back in to every single one of the cameras all over again, Is there a way to prevent the active x from timing out?
OR
Firefox plugin and or solution that works?
I dont have the option to install Chrome or other browsers with the exception of Internet explorer and Firefox.
thanks in advance.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have a 64-bit OS you may try the 64-bit version of Pale Moon for that OS respectively :)

mmmburritos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had good luck with the "Easy Viewer" app for Chrome, to me this is preferable to maintaining another browser install just to login to my cameras and view the video feed. It's worked great with a Dahua NVR as well as various cameras on various firmware versions, seems to display the video OK from all of them.