Dahua Cameras dropping out every 30 seconds

MatFawcett

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 Dahua cameras constantly dropping out, I have tried multiple settings and can't seem to solve the issue. They stream fine through web browser and SmartPSS but freeze, give me a No signal error then reconnect, was having the issue in BI 4 and still an issue in BI 5.

Both connected to a DLink DES-1008PA POE Switch, then go through 2 more gigabit switches to get to the router downstairs.

BI machine is an 3rd gen i7 with 16gb ram and SSD, plenty of space on storage drives

Cameras are IPC-NFW4631K-I6 and IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS

Have cameras and iframe at 10fps, have tried lower resolutions, changed from dahua rtsp to onvif etc but same issue occurs.

Can't see in BI where to monitor network bandwidth if anyone can help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 Dahua cameras constantly dropping out, I have tried multiple settings and can't seem to solve the issue. They stream fine through web browser and SmartPSS but freeze, give me a No signal error then reconnect, was having the issue in BI 4 and still an issue in BI 5.

Both connected to a DLink DES-1008PA POE Switch, then go through 2 more gigabit switches to get to the router downstairs.

BI machine is an 3rd gen i7 with 16gb ram and SSD, plenty of space on storage drives

Cameras are IPC-NFW4631K-I6 and IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS

Have cameras and iframe at 10fps, have tried lower resolutions, changed from dahua rtsp to onvif etc but same issue occurs.

Can't see in BI where to monitor network bandwidth if anyone can help
your post is unclear, are they freezing in the browser and smartpss as well?

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I first set up my 8mp cameras I had the same issue (mainly when viewing through chrome)
I lowered the frame rate and set the compression back to H264 (and set the rate) - i believe it was the H265 that caused my issue

Tro

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
When I first set up my 8mp cameras I had the same issue (mainly when viewing through chrome)
I lowered the frame rate and set the compression back to H264 (and set the rate) - i believe it was the H265 that caused my issue

Tro
Now that’s something that I didn’t know, thanks.

Reaction score
I just happened to notice that my Dahua camera was doing this same thing; losing signal every 30 or so seconds and then recovering. I have 3 Dahuas, but only one in Blue Iris so far, and it is still sitting on the shelf with the PoE switch (been too hot to get in the attic for cabling). I checked, and it was set to H265. I changed it to H264H and it stopped. Didn't have to mess with frame rate or anything. I'm using Blue Iris 5.0.0.71. What's interesting is that even when Blue Iris was losing signal, in the browser it continually worked perfect. I also ran a ping during all of this and never saw any spikes in latency or dropped packets.