Dahua Camera's: How do I change Default Startup Parameters

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

2 of my 8 Dahua cameras keep defaulting back to H265 where I need H.264 to be compatible with the Home Assistant plugin WebRTC. I don't remember having this problem with other video parameters in the past. Assuming this isn't a firmware bug specific to a model is there something I'm missing that needs to be done other than selecting the save option after changing back to H.264? I can't find any option to copy the current configuration to the power up defaults. Any assistance would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try setting it in Internet Explorer. Not Edge, not chrome with the IE add-on, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10.

Some of these cams are that dependent on the right browser for the settings to hold.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this problem with 6 pcs Dahua EZIP cameras from 8, all are the same model and firmware.
I think I fixed once few camera by reset to factory default, now I don't have the time to reset them all so at this point I am using secondary stream H264 for HA.

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@wittaj,
I was doing this on a Ubuntu box with Google Chrome. I took your advise and switched to a Win 10 box with IE and same problem, H.264 didn't "stick".

@MyDaHua,
I will try resetting to default and recovering from there when I get a change. As you mentioned very time consuming.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure it was IE and not Microsoft switching it to Edge. Also make the change and hit SAVE three times and then hit the refresh to see if it held.

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I verified I was using IE on my Win 10 box. I changed back to 264 hit Save 3 times then Refresh. It stuck at 264. After reboot it switched back to 265.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh, that sounds like something wonky in the FW. Hopefully a factory reset fixes it.

Which model is it and we will see if anyone else has the same problem?

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SD49225T-HN with 2.622.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-04-04

IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE with 2.640.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2018-05-23

I won't be in the position until next year with shot-gunning this problem with possible later firmware versions. I'll just turn off my weekly camera reboots and fix after any power outages.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@wittaj,
I was doing this on a Ubuntu box with Google Chrome. I took your advise and switched to a Win 10 box with IE and same problem, H.264 didn't "stick".

@MyDaHua,
I will try resetting to default and recovering from there when I get a change. As you mentioned very time consuming.
I have had luck using Pale Moon 32 bit on Win10, and Brave (based on Chrome) on Linux Mint. The Brave on Linux works on almost everything, except for setting and reading one bit of data from a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR. As @wittaj says, IE under Win10 works every time, or almost every time - seems like rarely I have something that I have to try twice, but then it works.