Dahua Cameras & Node-Red

noxcuses

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Node-RED running on a Rpi handing a few integrations around the house. I was poking around the node library and found one that connects to Dahua devices. The description is limited and says "Configure motion detection on a Dahua device. Drop the Dahua device node to a flow." I assume this will capture IVS events and make available to use in NR. This opens up many integrations with other devices based on IVS events. Does anyone use this or have any experience with it?

I'm in the process of setting up my Blue Iris PC and hope to install 7 Dahua cameras this weekend, so can't test at the moment. I'm wondering if I should install Node-Red on the BI-pc and use it for IVS integrations.

ArnoldCat

n3wb
Reaction score
I use Node-Red with my Dahua cameras. I couldnt get the Dahua library to work correctly, so use MQTT - Blue Iris can forward an MQTT event in response to an external IVS trigger.

My setup has my smart lights in the house come on after a delay if the IVS tripwire one my Dahua camera triggers at night. Also Node-Red sends a push notification to my phone if it triggers at any time (so I know if someone is approaching the house), and I also had it set up for Alexa to sound an alarm if triggered at night.

Not sure I'd stick Node-Red on my BI PC though - I use a docker in unraid (and for the MQTT broker).

noxcuses

n3wb
Reaction score
Gotcha!! Using BI sounds like better choice than using NR to connect to camera. Do you use NR to trigger the Alexa notification? If so, what node do you use?

ArnoldCat

n3wb
Reaction score
node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2
Calling multiple Alexa events from one trigger seemed to cause issues though (e.g. making multiple Alexa's speak etc), so I set a routine in the Alexa app, then call that from Node-Red

DeadEnd

n3wb
Reaction score
I have used the pallet you mentioned (node-red-contrib-dahua-device to be specific).
It connected to my camera without issue - and appears to publish fine.
I actually used it to try and capture what is happening to my SD card (very so often I check and the SD card is not showing up, a restart of the camera fixes it).
So I have it saving all messages to a log file using the node in node-red.

The message payload for motion start and stop are:
VideoMotion/0/Start
VideoMotion/0/Stop

I expect the middle digit would be for if you have multiple motion or alarms setup.

I hope that helps!
DeadEnd

Reaction score
Uso Node-Red con mis cámaras Dahua. No pude hacer que la biblioteca Dahua funcione correctamente, así que use MQTT: Blue Iris puede reenviar un evento MQTT en respuesta a un disparador IVS externo.

Mi configuración hace que mis luces inteligentes en la casa se enciendan después de un retraso si el cable trampa IVS uno de mi cámara Dahua se ac
[/CITA]

nodo-rojo-contrib-a
METROpuedes ayudar por favor gracias

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use NodeRed, but I also use BI to trigger MQTT events. Specifically I use the motion trigger in BI to send out a MQTT command that turns on lights. For example, my porch camera will turn on the porch light should it trigger and it is at night and the porch light is turned off. It stays on for a couple of minutes after the event ends and then turns the light back off (with enough logic to ensure it leaves the light on if it was already on prior to the trigger).