Dahua cameras were working fine, now they are constantly dropping the stream, and re-connecting

Reaction score
Any ideas? I had them setup and working just fine quite a while ago, they were recently disconnected for 2 months due to some work I had to do. When I hooked everything back up tonight, BI kept dropping the streams and re-starting them. I checked the smart PSS program and they all are working fine through there, so the issue appears to be BI.

I tried removing the cameras and re-adding them back in, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
How are you powering them (PoE?) , have you tried or could you try different network cables to see if something developed (like corrosion on your cables or damage) in between now and when they worked?

Have you modified the network in anyway or got any open ports or port forwarding going on to the cameras exhibiting the issues? Any alerts in the Blue Iris logs related to these problem cameras?

Reaction score
Figured out the issue. For some reason, it appears they were set to H.265. The one that was working was set to H.264H. I changed them all to this and they work now. I don't remember if I had setup H.265 intentionally or if the settings reverted to that since they were unplugged for so long.