Dahua cams having problem sending mail?

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I have some trouble with my Dahua cams.

They suddenly stop sending mail... My Hik cams work as Always wery good. But the dahua ones and the mail issue... Anone also having this problem? I have read that gmail is going to change their mail platform..
Regards
From Sweden

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony! I have Tried two diffrent models. The latest one is a new
DH-SD59225U-HNI. It has been worked well before. I think mabye its something to do with the security protocol in smtp i guess. I have a cucustomer and i manage to make his camera work if i use the ISP:s own smtp server. (Telia in sweden). It seems like the dahua cams has a builtin bug or something that gmail and other doesent like......
``

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson stated what the issue really is back on June 23, 2019 here.
If you want to be put to sleep or like technical reading, his included link explains the problem as an issue with how Dahua handles the SMTP protocol incorrectly with G-mail.
The quickest and most reliable solution at this time until a firmware fix by Dahua is to use another SMTP server besides G-mail.

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony!! Yes i agree, its a firmwareproblem. Its a pity because it causes a lot of problem since i have install some cams at customers Place. I have not try use Yahoo mailserver, mabye its Worth a test :)
The "older" cams i guess will not have a firmware uppgrade.

Regards
Mikael from Sweden

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems like Dahua doesent care to make a better firmware.....

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I gave up sending to email a long time ago. It would send 3 separate emails for each event. Having push notifications to my smart phone goes a lot better.

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bryan! Yes i am still having this problem. I hope that Dahua will fix tthis firmware issue asap. I install and sell those cams here in Sweden as well, so i am really hope for a good solution. The cams works fine besides the smtp....

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Bryan! Yes i am still having this problem. I hope that Dahua will fix tthis firmware issue asap. I install and sell those cams here in Sweden as well, so i am really hope for a good solution. The cams works fine besides the smtp....
Was back in Jan-Feb 2017 and they still have not solved it. I would move towards the push notifications on the smart phone and drop the email effort. Much more convenient..most everybody carries a phone with them..

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
Was back in Jan-Feb 2017 and they still have not solved it. I would move towards the push notifications on the smart phone and drop the email effort. Much more convenient..most everybody carries a phone with them..
Yes i see, push is OK but i Think the mails are important for my customers. On my Hikvision cams ewerything works greate always.. I often install a PIR sensor for minimate the falsealarm. :)

Attachments

Reaction score
I fixed my issue by setting up a yahoo email account, key takeaway is use the third party password app in yahoo, I named it dahua it generated a password and this is the password I used in the nvr it worked. this took me a longtime to work out enjoy

Swede

n3wb
Reaction score
I fixed my issue by setting up a yahoo email account, key takeaway is use the third party password app in yahoo, I named it dahua it generated a password and this is the password I used in the nvr it worked. this took me a longtime to work out enjoy
Yes i see, i have Think about this and i know google has the same , about the password.. I will trie it :) And hope that Dahua will come with an uppgraded firmware for this issue.