Dahua cannot login.

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
NVR4816 POE. I upgraded and haven’t used this nvr in a year. Want to repurpose it. Put new battery in. I get to the login screen. Admin is there, but my previous user accounts is gone. (Probably because I reset by replacing battery). Either way, I can not login. I’ve tried 123456, admin, 888888 etc. What password do I need? Thanks.

Attachments

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’ve tried a few dozen passwords and finally was able to login via old password. So now I am wondering how after pulling the battery to put a new one in, did the unit save my password? Lol. It also has the correct date and time and it’s not connected to the internet. Lol

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Changing the battery is not going to re write the info stored in the prom, You would have to do a factory reset for it to be like you just pulled it out of the box.

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. There is no reset button on the board. How do I reset to factory?

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. So this leads me back to my original problem. If was wasn’t lucky enough to remember my password, house would I have gotten into the system to reset? I likely would have been screwed.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
When you set up your NVR, Depending on the firmware version you can generate a lock out pattern, security questions or a QR code. If you have a older NVR, There is a 3rd party password generator people have used. You can E-mail the qr code and get a password, at least for the USA Models. Lucky me I have NOT had to fuk with locked out NVR's lately.

Some info on the net about it.-------> How to reset Dahua NVR password (solved) - Learn CCTV.com

Thats why its important to do the security questions and lock out pattern on first setup.