Dahua CCTV system "failed to find host network"

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be a bunch of things

• Check cables to those cameras are plugged in and not damaged somewhere
  • Temporary glitch in your PoE switch, try reboot of the NVR
  • Failing internal PoE switch
  • Any recent construction or critters in the attic?

Last edited:

ashking11

n3wb
Reaction score
Could be a bunch of things

• Check cables to those cameras are plugged in and not damaged somewhere - all seem fine
  • Temporary glitch in your PoE switch, try reboot of the NVR - i think ill try this
  • Failing internal PoE switch - hope not its quite new
  • Log into NVR and see what they camera registration page is showing - i will do this also
  • Any recent construction of critters in the attic? no dont think so! hope not!
Thanks for your reply, the system hasnt been used for a while - would a factory reboot help?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As said implied by bigredfish, 'unable to find network host' means the NVR cannot find the camera and connect to it.

Compared to bigredfish's photo.... you have NVR GUI 4.0 version (red bell for TiOC function). So your camera status web UI will look like this:

1708169393497.png

In the corner of your camera, you will notice a little RJ45 port symbol.
This means the NVR recognises this channel is a camera connected directly to the NVR's built-in POE switch.
No RJ45 symbol means the camera is powered off and/or not responding to data.

My guess is your installer setup each camera manually rather than letting the NVR handle DHCP leasing and automatic plug & play.
So the NVR thinks each camera has a static IP address (the numbers shown on each channel) but it cannot find a camera on that address.
1708169881162.png

Try searching for devices and see if the NVR finds them all.
If your NVR does find all the cameras; delete all the un-connected entries first, then select all the found cameras and add them back.
1708169979769.png