Dahua Color 4K-X in-depth review

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Any update on this camera information for 2023?
Tremendous camera. I have one and plan on buying more. The microphone can pick up a conversation 20 meters away at night when there's no other background noise. Great as an overview cam to get clothing and vehicle descriptions (won't do licence plates at night). Also, the depth of field is shallow so don't expect it to be 100% in focus at various distances.

I 100% recommend it. Check out Wildcat's videos on Youtube. Needs a minimum of light but if you give it the light it needs, it will give you a great picture.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
@AnthroX

Here's a quick clip from the Color4K/X from early this morning. Cam is mounted about 7m off the ground and about 7m back from the sidewalk. This is my overview cam for this street (my house sits on a corner). I'd consider that this is Recognize quality of the passenger in the moving car. Sound is excellent.

There's a 18,000 lumen LED dual-panel light mounted on the front of the terrace on the left. The cam's LEDs are on high, mainly to infill the garage area below. The panel light needs to be tiled up a bit as it seems to have drifted down so I'm not getting as much light on the street and opposing sidewalk as a was a couple weeks ago.

During the day, I set it to face detection and get between 300 and 500 face captures a day. At night it does IVS tripwires and intrusion boxes.

Settings are:

h.264H
CBR
12000 kbps
15fps
15 i frames/s

1/120 shutter (could go a bit faster but the LED lights give black bars)
Gain 0 - 40
22 3D NR
27 2D NR
View attachment NVR_ch1_main_20231124030047_20231124030054.mp4

Last edited: