Dahua Color X (HFW5-849T1-ASE-LED) 3.6mm vs 6mm Lens Comparison 1/1.2 Sensor Camera Day Image

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Both Color X cameras side by side with the same exposure settings. One with a 3.6mm lens and the other with a 6.0mm lens.

Will also post a short video for day and night operations with the same setup. Cameras mounted above a garage door at 8-1/2 feet.

Night illumination with a 15 watt white LED 12 volt garden lamp mounted next to the cameras.

Driveway Color X 3-6mm.jpg

Driveway  Color X 6mm.jpg

Last edited:

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Four short videos using the Color-X (HFW-5849T1-ASE-LED ) with a 3.6mm and 6.0mm lens with movement for both day and night as a comparison.

Being mounted at 8.5 feet ID would be limited if a person had a hoodie and a hat. However, on both sides of the garage door mounted at 65 inches are turret cameras that provide a better view for ID purposes.

If videos do not display let me know as then will try plan "C".

Attachments

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Four short videos using the Color-X (HFW-5849T1-ASE-LED ) with a 3.6mm and 6.0mm lens with movement for both day and night as a comparison.

Being mounted at 8.5 feet ID would be limited if a person had a hoodie and a hat. However, on both sides of the garage door mounted at 65 inches are turret cameras that provide a better view for ID purposes.

If videos do not display let me know as then will try plan "C".
I think you posted the 3.6mm day twice.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The lighting used for the Color-X is a single Home Depot 12 volt garden lamp mounted 8.5 feet above ground level. These are designed for 12 volts AC, but run fine on 12 volts DC. Each side of the garage has carriage lights which are not in use. Found that the overall lighting is more evenly dispersed using the HD lamp.

Many buy the expensive 12 volt AC transformer to run the lights, but using an old desktop computer power supply will work (18 amps at 12 VDC). It is DC but the lamp works just fine. Or use a power wart if only one lamp is needed. Current requirements at 12 VDC are about 1.25 amps per lamp. Color temp set at 3000K.

Color_X_Lighting.jpg

The left camera is the 3.6mm, then the 6.0mm and the LED lamp.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What sort of lighting are you using for the night shots?
I'm already regretting buying lighting for my 4kt.

With just a 5w led bulb (350-400 lumens I think) in an all around wall light fitting, it sees very well at night in full colour and on 1/250 th second (8ms). I've just bought a 30w led flood light for my situation (I downgraded it from a 50w) but I question if I really need it. It might be worth waiting until you have a 4kT / X camera and then assessing your situation then.