Dahua config backup encrypted?

thomas-nau

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to share some findings. My cam identifies as IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2-3.6mm in settings/information/version
but to decrypt the key needs to be IPC-HDBW5441FP-AS-E2. So just shortened the string and added a "P" as it's
the PAL version. Maybe this applies to other cams too.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello to everyone!
I have a problem, forgot the password to Dahua DVR. Can you decrypt the config file exported from PSS?
Password from xml file decrypted via bot.
What about dahua tech support?
Reset config or try using python script or others to add user with admin right?

der_blume

n3wb
Reaction score
Password from xml file decrypted via bot.
What about dahua tech support?
Reset config or try using python script or others to add user with admin right?
I don't know if Dahua support is solving problems like this.
Python script doesn't create an archive just returns the word "Python" (see attachment) perhaps I'm doing something wrong...

Attachments

der_blume

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if Dahua support is solving problems like this.
Python script doesn't create an archive just returns the word "Python" (see attachment) perhaps I'm doing something wrong...
One more thing I have only network access to the device (DVR) it works with PSS, and I have admin permissions to PSS.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For old XVR device exist reset password tool, that henerate password but it work at local decive, not remote.
For new Tesh suppect can via xml from configtool reset password.
Of course they can't decrypt PSS device.xml
Exist several way to reset password of config for dahua decive.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This python script for exported config. You don't have it.
About python i mean another tool & don't forget try plugin for chrome browser if device not new.

der_blume

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers, I hoped to restore the password remotely, but now I understand that I must drive to the DVR location(about 700 km).

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers, I hoped to restore the password remotely, but now I understand that I must drive to the DVR location(about 700 km).
Your hash from xml file decrypted & i know device password.

What if you don't have this access from SmartPSS?

if you real connect at SmartPSS to this remote device, maybe no real problem?

der_blume

n3wb
Reaction score
"Your hash from xml file decrypted & i know device password." - If you know the password, can you give me it?
"What if you don't have this access from SmartPSS?" - I would be going there immediately.
"if you real connect at SmartPSS to this remote device, maybe no real problem?" - It's not a problem while all work well, but if something goes wrong for me would not be a choice only drive there rapidly.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI, if you crash SmartPSS it creates a .dmp file.
This may contain some of the passwords for your devices IF they were connected (autologin) when the crash occurs.
You can then simple do a text search on the dump file for the device name and you may well get lucky.

Dont know how the PSS encryption works but to say every time you create an export it changes the password inside of it.
SPSSLogic.dll would be a good start for figuring it out.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"Your hash from xml file decrypted & i know device password." - If you know the password, can you give me it?
It's job for you & it's job for me.
Remembering what you really forgot is one thing, but remembering what you never knew is completely different.

der_blume

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI, if you crash SmartPSS it creates a .dmp file.
This may contain some of the passwords for your devices IF they were connected (autologin) when the crash occurs.
You can then simple do a text search on the dump file for the device name and you may well get lucky.

Dont know how the PSS encryption works but to say every time you create an export it changes the password inside of it.
SPSSLogic.dll would be a good start for figuring it out.
Thank you for your information, I've made PSS crash, but dump file was empty ((

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, but I inherited the system as it is.
Удачи в нелегком труде.
Версия оборудования старая и для нее, скорее всего работают генераторы, но они работают по месту, и (или) вариант восстановления из того, что предлагает. Для гибридов это работало. Можно и удаленно кем-то поманипулировать, чтобы ввели пароль с генератора и ...
Варианты могут быть вполне.