Dahua Config Files - NVR-4116 Variants

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two NVR-4116 from Andy. One is a Dahua branded NVR-4116HS-4KS2 and the other is an unbranded NVR-4116-4KS2. Both run the same firmware and the circuit boards are essentially identical. The HS has a front panel USB port and one on the rear, the other has both on the rear. The two headers appear to be the sole difference.

I am trying to move the configuration of one machine to the other using export import. The import on the HS rejects the folder the other machine created, so I have used the folder which it creates for its own backup. I can now select the folder, but the HS then rejects the copied in configuration file as invalid.

I have checked my method and can export the HS configuration then reload it. I expect that there is a "flag" in the config file itself which is preventing the transfer.

Any clues my good men? I can upload the configs if someone knows how to edit them appropriately. It would save me several hours of work, and of course be greatly appreciated. If I could be guided how to look into it myself, more the better.

Cheers,
Steve