Dahua CVI Bullet Cam HAC-HFW1500TLA: "Failed to acquire config."

hamidrezah

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear camera experts:

I have installed two Dahua CVI bullet cameras of model HAC-HFW1500TLA (5MP). My DVR is Dahua XVR5104HS-4KL-I3.

During the day, the cameras are in color mode and IR light is off. During the night, the cameras go to black/white mode and IR light turns on.

During the day, I can use the DVR right mouse button and select "Camera Property" to change the camera properties such as "Day/Night".
During the night, I can no longer change camera properties: when selecting "Camera Property" DVR gives a "Note" with message "Failed to acquire config."

For one of the cameras, I changed "Day/Night" property of the camera to black/white, during the day of course that I could do so. As a result, the camera is stuck at black/white and I can no longer select the "Camera Property" to change the "Day/Night" to auto mode that is very annoying.

I have since changed the camera channels on DVR, disconnected camera power supplies, etc. but to no avail.

Could anybody please advise what to do and how to fix this? Is this a common issue with Dahua cameras?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Dr. H. H.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera datasheet here states "In order to use the 5MP 16:9 HDCVI camera, the firmware of XVR must be upgraded to V4.001.0000001.0.R.200908 or later version."

Does your XVR's firmware meet that requirement?

hamidrezah

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the DVR firmware is upgraded to the latest version from Dahua website which is 2022/11/28.

The camera datasheet here states "In order to use the 5MP 16:9 HDCVI camera, the firmware of XVR must be upgraded to V4.001.0000001.0.R.200908 or later version."

Does your XVR's firmware meet that requirement?
est version of

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dear camera experts:

I have installed two Dahua CVI bullet cameras of model HAC-HFW1500TLA (5MP).
I don't know your specific camera, but I wonder if you can get to the camera's menu directly, bypassing the nvr? I know there are hdcvi to hdmi converters that would let you view the camera directly on a monitor. Some cameras have a little joystick-like control on the cable that lets you access the menu directly.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.

If available, setting both switches to "ON" then restarting camera would provide the camera's CVBS (composite video) output that should work with the composite input (RCA yellow) on a monitor or composite, analog input to a DVR/NVR.

Dahua_HDCVI_pigtail_dipswitch.jpg

hamidrezah

n3wb
Reaction score
I fixed the problem by removing the cameras from their mount and placing them through very short video and power cables next to the XVR: in this setup, I was able to bring up the "Camera Property" menu without any problem and set the "Day/Night" property to "Auto".

I suspect the power cable (or the power supply or both) that my technician used during installation were causing voltage drop at the cameras; when the cameras are in black/white mode (at night with IR light on), they burn more power hence voltage drop prevents them from working properly.

This tells me both camera and XVR are fine but it is also important to use quality cables and quality camera supplies.

I thank you and appreciate your help and replies.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, even at POE voltage (~48vdc), a long cable run will significantly diminish the power available to the camera. Glad you were able to figure it out.

Camxvr7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I am having the same problem. While trting to fix remotely the day night color. The camera stuck in black and white all the day. I was using gdmss to do that. But now i do not have access to ptz menu . All the rest of camera in the same xvr allow me to have access to ptz menu in gdmss or smartpss bit that camera no. And also its audio is not working i hear weird noise. Any solution remotely?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, even at POE voltage (~48vdc), a long cable run will significantly diminish the power available to the camera. Glad you were able to figure it out.
A good reason to use an external poe switch or at least one mounted in an external out building such as a garage. Another reason to use poe+ or poe++ rated poe.

I have my poe+ mounted in my garage in an enclose because that way I only have 1 cable from the house and I save around 30 foot of poe distance to the cameras as the switch sits around 30 feet from the server.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I fixed the problem by removing the cameras from their mount and placing them through very short video and power cables next to the XVR: in this setup, I was able to bring up the "Camera Property" menu without any problem and set the "Day/Night" property to "Auto".

I suspect the power cable (or the power supply or both) that my technician used during installation were causing voltage drop at the cameras; when the cameras are in black/white mode (at night with IR light on), they burn more power hence voltage drop prevents them from working properly.

This tells me both camera and XVR are fine but it is also important to use quality cables and quality camera supplies.

I thank you and appreciate your help and replies.
Exactly!

hamidrezah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I am having the same problem. While trting to fix remotely the day night color. The camera stuck in black and white all the day. I was using gdmss to do that. But now i do not have access to ptz menu . All the rest of camera in the same xvr allow me to have access to ptz menu in gdmss or smartpss bit that camera no. And also its audio is not working i hear weird noise. Any solution remotely?
Please note in my case the issue was not about access (either remote or local), the issue was with voltage drop over the long and low quality cables my technician used during installation. Once I removed the camera and plugged it into a power supply with a short cable, I could change its settings. Then I put it back to its intended location.

If dgmss doesn't offer all options you want, try SmartPSS, it is a PC based software.

Camxvr7

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. But the origin of our both cases is the same. We both were trying to change day night parameter then it is stuck. I said in my post im using gdmss (in mobile) and smartpss(pc) in both apps the ptz menu is not opened in that camera now to have access to day night color menu

hamidrezah

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. But the origin of our both cases is the same. We both were trying to change day night parameter then it is stuck. I said in my post im using gdmss (in mobile) and smartpss(pc) in both apps the ptz menu is not opened in that camera now to have access to day night color menu
I cannot think of anyway to fix it if you are away from the camera. The only solution I recommend is to remove the camera, power it up using a 12V DC supply with a short power cable (say 1 meter), and connect the camera video output to your XVR/DVR also using a short cable (say 1 meter) and then change the setting.

As with software to use, best is to use the DVR/XVR, dgmss has an option "Remote Configuration" under which you see "Camera Setting", I'd say that should work. If not, give SmartPSS a try. I think SmartPSS is more extended that dgmss.

Camxvr7

n3wb
Reaction score
Mr Hamid it seems you dont read well my post. Im using Smartpss i can adjust contrast for example under adjust image menu. But when going to ptz case under view case. When i click open menu it does not work. In gdmss when i click on ptz icon then luminosity icon it does not work too. So i think the solution needs hardware task no remotely via apps. The xvr is 400km far away)))