Dahua D/A conversion, motion detection not working

PekkaT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering has anyone ran into a similar issue where motion detection does not record events nor gives alerts from one converted (analog->IP) channel.

I recently bought a Dahua XVR recorder (DH-XVR5108HE-4KL-I3). I have seven analog and six IP (Wi-Fi) cameras in use. I have converted the last analog channel to IP, and this is the one I am having problems with. No matter how I configure this channel, it will not record any motion detected events.
I have tried with three different IP cameras which work fine on the actual digital channels (9-16), but once I configure them to this converted channel #8 the MD does not record anything. The constant recording works fine. I even copied all the setting from a channel which works but no luck getting it to record motion detected events on the converted channel #8.
So, the question is if there is a setting I am missing here? Only MD selected (no AI), MD recording activated. Recording for normal, event and alarms from 00:00-23:59 activated for all weekdays. Furthermore have tried sensitivity from 10 to 100 and many different resolutions.
Somehow it looks like the converted analog channel does not operate the same ways as the “real” IP channels from 9 to 16 do.
Another thing would be if I cannot get the channel 8 working can it be removed from the DMSS app and/or XVR so it would not show an empty screen in the middle? XVR with PC connection gives the option to re-arrange the channels but DMSS does not?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
This is XVR limitations...
converted to IP channels don't support MD or AI at all..

delete this ip cam, enable eight channel as analog (yes it will be empty), add ip cam as last one (14?)..

ps. you are lucky that IP channels are supporting SMD from the camera.. a year ago Dahua had blocked this function in hybrid decoders. Latest firmwares changes situation a lot...

Last edited:

PekkaT

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick answer! Damn, they did not tell this when I bought the unit. Well changes my plans a bit but I think I will use the converted channel so that I will activate the notifications via the cameras software and just lookup the recording based on the time stamp from the xvr records. Furthermore will use the channel with a location which has relatively low amount of movements to detect. I doubt they will change the software in the xvr.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried IVS on the camera instead of MD?

I’m sure I had IP cams working with IVS set on the camera on my XVR.
IVS is much better than MD anyway

*****Oh I missed that you converted Ch 8 to IP from analog. Never tried that sorry

Last edited:

PekkaT

n3wb
Reaction score
Now this get’s interesting, it works! I got the converted channel #8 working with MD and events are stored. Now I need to figure out what actually made it work. I did some changes to the AI menu.