Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to use this utility with five T5442T-ZE connected to a new NVR (NVR8CH-8P-2AI). The NVR's ip is 192.168.76.2. Clicking through the settings to Add a Device, I see the cameras on the NVR's internal LAN are have 10.1.1.X IPs, which I obviously I can't access. But, if you access them via the web page button they all have addresses such as; 192.168.76.2:1008X, and that address I can access...at least initially after viewing it accessing it from the NVR GUI. But it seems like after you log out of the NVR that address also becomes inaccessible.

Any ideas how I can use this utility with this NVR? I saw in another thread that the utility doesn't work with newer GUI cameras, maybe it's the same with the NVR?

Ty

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to use this utility with five T5442T-ZE connected to a new NVR (NVR8CH-8P-2AI). The NVR's ip is 192.168.76.2. Clicking through the settings to Add a Device, I see the cameras on the NVR's internal LAN are have 10.1.1.X IPs, which I obviously I can't access. But, if you access them via the web page button they all have addresses such as; 192.168.76.2:1008X, and that address I can access...at least initially after viewing it accessing it from the NVR GUI. But it seems like after you log out of the NVR that address also becomes inaccessible.

Any ideas how I can use this utility with this NVR? I saw in another thread that the utility doesn't work with newer GUI cameras, maybe it's the same with the NVR?

Ty
By default the NVR isolates your cameras from the rest of your system. That is good.

You would have to either bridge mode (I think it is called that) or put the cameras on a POE switch and give them same IP address subnet as your LAN, which isn't advised as then your cameras have access to the internet.

This is the same whether the NVR is old or new. So most with an NVR do not use this utility.