Dahua DB-11 DoorBell and DSC 1832 Powerseries Alarm Integration

xtian

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have sufficient power to the the DB-11 from the POE switch and you can get a small two-wire from the switch to the alarm panel, then you can just put the ELK-930 right after your poe switch and connect the elk930 from there to your panel. No need to ry to home run from the doorbell back to the dsc panel.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was finally able to find the time to sit down and get this sorted it with a different way. I only have a POE run to my doorbell and can't easily run more wires, so options were limited in my environment.

Expanding on xtian's original idea, I installed a relay triggered by the doorbell button to activate the reed switch on a wireless DSC door/window sensor. The end result is a DB11 doorbell powered by POE wires, but the doorbell button is connected to my home automation system as a DSC zone. The home automation system will read button presses and sound a chime. This modification can be applied to most similar doorbells and alarm systems/home automation systems on the market.

Required items:
  • Disassembled DB11
  • Spare alarm contact. In my case, I needed something wireless so I used a EV-DW4975 for my DSC alarm. However, this can be easily substituted for anything using a reed switch or on/off contact (zwave/zigbee/etc)
  • Good quality fine-tipped soldering iron and decent soldering skills
  • Thin guage wire - I just used stripped down cat5.
  • I used a 5V relay module which I already had on hand. Something likethis (amazon link). Because of the strict power diet of the DB11, it's wise to find a relay which consumes the least amount of current in order to avoid introducing unstable performance. In the worst case, the doorbell could restart if the power draw is too high.

Here are the steps I took:
- Opened the case and soldered a +5V lead and -5V lead to power the relay coil. For me, the easiest solder points for power were the capacitor lugs (circled in red).
db11-1.JPG
- Soldered a wire to the 3V lead on the doorbell button to signal the relay (connection point is circled in blue in 2nd photo).
db11-2.JPG
- After this, I verified the relay was working as expected. I used a 5V relay board I had lying around, but it may be drawing too much power for the DB11. I may eventually replace this with a lower current or 3V relay if stability becomes an issue.
- Drilled a small hole in the back cover to route the new wires out of the doorbell. Sealed with silicon.
- On the DSC wireless contact, disassemble the case and solder a piece of wire to each end of the reed switch; you do not need to remove the reed switch. The NC (normally closed) connection on the relay is connected directly to these wires. This emulates a door opening/closing and signals the zone each time the doorbell button is pushed and trips the relay. Photo below is a reference picture (not the same contact I used, but same idea).
contact switch.JPG
- Secured the relay and wireless sensor together and stuffed them into the wall. Reinstalled doorbell.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.