Dahua DH-IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV

Raj Shah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've just come across this camera a UK Distributer is selling, and wanted to hear any thoughts on it.

I have attached the spec sheet below.

Being a ‘Full Colour Camera’ wiz sense camear, does it run at night time with the LED on, or are you able to turn it off, and run it as a IR only camera?

IPC-HDW3549HP-AS-PV-280

Thank you!

Attachments

Reaction score
It has no IR. it’s a full colour low light device, the warm white light runs at the same power as the IR on a non-full colour darkness camera.

And yes, you can turn the warm white light off, but unless you have fabulous street lighting it will be very dark.

Raj Shah

n3wb
Reaction score
It has no IR. it’s a full colour low light device, the warm white light runs at the same power as the IR on a non-full colour darkness camera.

And yes, you can turn the warm white light off, but unless you have fabulous street lighting it will be very dark.

Thank you for your reply. And the Active Deterrant blue and red LED, can it be turned off too? Does it only turn on when it is programmed?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, they only come on when an alarm event is triggered and the active deterrent lighting is enabled. They are REALLY good though. They light up the whole street with flashing red and blue. It’s just like the fire brigade have arrived.

Raj Shah

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, they only come on when an alarm event is triggered and the active deterrent lighting is enabled. They are REALLY good though. They light up the whole street with flashing red and blue. It’s just like the fire brigade have arrived.
So it is possible to have the active deterrent lighting disabled, so it can just function as a Full colour camera?

Regards

Raj Shah

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know if this camera supports the led turning on when it detects someone walking past a tripwire?

On the video, @3:55 () it only has the option for the blue/red 'warning' light to come on.

I would want it where the camera runs without the white led - and then activates the white led when detecting motion in a specific area - not the red/blue flashing led.

Reaction score
I believe the Warm White LED comes on automatically when it’s too dark to see anything. This camera has no IR and is therefore blind in the dark without it‘s Warm White light. So I’m going to say no, it wouldn’t even trigger a tripwire without the Warm White light being illuminated, so there is no point in having the option to turn it on with a tripwire event.

The Warm White light actually uses less power than the multiple IR emitters on a similar night vision camera, so unless it’s light pollution you’re concerned about, it’s not an issue having it running all night.

Raj Shah

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe the Warm White LED comes on automatically when it’s too dark to see anything. This camera has no IR and is therefore blind in the dark without it‘s Warm White light. So I’m going to say no, it wouldn’t even trigger a tripwire without the Warm White light being illuminated, so there is no point in having the option to turn it on with a tripwire event.

The Warm White light actually uses less power than the multiple IR emitters on a similar night vision camera, so unless it’s light pollution you’re concerned about, it’s not an issue having it running all night.

Thank you!

I realised this camera has a vertical angle of only 53 degrees, compared to other 5MP cameras which have an angle of 71 degrees.

The reason being i need one at the front of my house near door entry, therefore vertical angle is more important.

Therefore I am left with either

HDW5541TM-AS-280 (0.005 Lux@F1.6 )

or

HDW2531TMP-AS-S2-280 (0.008 Lux @ F1.6 )

However, neither of these has been reviewed on here. Both are 1/2.7"

Would there be a massive difference between the 0.005 vs 0.008 lux between the two?

Reaction score
I've just checked and the only options under Illuminator are Day/NIght/General and then On/Off/Auto for each scenario. So nothing there.

And under IVS you only get Flicker as an option on the warning lights.

That's running firmware 2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-02 which the camera reports as the latest version.

Is that 18 degrees that important? What is your mounting height going to be?

Raj Shah

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just checked and the only options under Illuminator are Day/NIght/General and then On/Off/Auto for each scenario. So nothing there.

And under IVS you only get Flicker as an option on the warning lights.

That's running firmware 2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-02 which the camera reports as the latest version.

Is that 18 degrees that important? What is your mounting height going to be?

Can I send you a pm?