Dahua Dh-IPC-HDW4300C condensation

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mounted my Dahua Dh-IPC-HDW4300C and configured it to my eyesurv non poe nvr. No problem, everything went smoothly. I waited for night to check out the ir (daytime picture was very sharp). Then I noticed at night that all I could see was a large semicircular light in the middle of my lawn. No details at all. I have a 2.8mm lens pointing at a 40' length x 50' width backyard. It had been raining on and off that day but not while I installled the camera. I thought there might be condensation on the lens and when I checked it (left the ladder outside, luckily), there was condensation, but inside the camera body glass! i took the camera down and opened it (I have a long, long history of computer repair, so I am pretty good with these things) and I guess I though that there might be a silica gel dessicant needed. It did not have the silica gel in the main body. But there is the other half that I want to remove to check that there is silica gel dessicant in there. There seem to be four small black screws holding down a stainless steel plate to which the electronics are attached to.

Can someone tell me if these 4 screws are the correct ones to lift out the electronics/lens assembly. I am going to put a moisture eater tube in the front part and try to see if I can add one to the rear once I figure out how to remove it.

Am I thinking correctly is saying that those three small microphone holes might somehow allow moisture inside? The condensation cleared up, but before remounting, I do want to try and put the silica gel in there. Any ideas or prohibitions on my approach? I don't want to f*** up this camera.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I removed the four inner black screws (3?) and the bottom plate that holds the lens and electronics was able to be lifted up from the rear shell of the camera. had to disconnect two tiny modular plugs (one for the ir) and then removed the silica gel pack from the rear half of the cam and replaced it with a moisture eater tube. So I was able to get one moisture tube in the rear and one in the front. snug fit, but they did fit. I also took the liberty to seal where the cat5 comes into the cam and after assembly, sealed all around the joint that divides camera with silicon. After that dried (cam is face down now) I sealed the three tiny micropphone holes with the tiniest bit of silicon since i didn't want to take any chances of moisture getting in that way and I don't need the microphone anyways. I cleaned the inside glass and camera lens with a special cloth (the kind they give you when you get glasses made) and when the silicon dries, about 24 hours, I will mount and test for condensation before I mount in garage. I just want to see if condensation forms again outside before transferring camera into garage. Not as hard as I expected.

i should have taken pictures and uploaded them.....oh well..next time.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got the camera remounted with the silicon sealed all around and the two tubes of moisture muncher dessicant inside of camera. (10 tubes for 9 bucks, free shipping, no tax to CA from B&H Photo who I Understand is the largest dealer of hik and dahua in the US?). I will wait until tomorrow morning, early, and check it to see if condensation has formed and report back.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, the two tubes of moisture muncher (one in front half and one in rear half of camera) and the silicon sealing of the microphone holes and joint that separates the camera halves and the rear where the cat5 comes in seemed to solve the condensation problem. After a cursory inspection of the camera being out all night (and it was quite damp), I woke up early and noticed no internal moisture, as well the image was not fogged over. However....the IR is NOT enough to light up my entire large backyard which is 40' by 50'. So....it looks as if this camera is going to be shifted into the garage. I just received my mini Huisun ptz (the one that everyone on here has been buying for $139-$149 plus shipping). I was really concerned that the box would be mangled, as other users have posted pictures...but mine was perfectly square when it arrived by DHL. I was expecting a much larger box (sometimes pictures can be deceptive), but the box it comes in is tiny. So over the next few days I am going to mount this ptz (my first ptz!) in the back yard, I think that the IR's should be much, much better than the dahua that is going into the garage. I am looking forward to this project.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera you received was certainly defective..I have not had an issue with condensation with these cameras...though I had do recall one similar post with this issue last year..

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have countless amounts of these cameras out in the field and not one problem with one of them.

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody know which Dahua ip camera with microphone built in will work with Qsee 8816 NVR sold at Costco?

Q-See 16-Channel HD IP NVR with 3TB HDD, 8 4MP Cameras with 100' Night Vision Item #559497

Would love to purchase couple additional cameras and be able to record both audio and video during night time. :eek:nthego: