Dahua DH-SD59230T-HN Unable to Manually Focus

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using Blue Iris, I'm unable to manually focus both near and far. All controls
work using Fire Fox Browser including Auto focusing and Manually focusing. I have
tried a lot of different Makes and models but only the one that "Find/inspect" actually
'finds' can I actually get a video to show. Here's my PTZ/Control Tab and Video Tab
screen shots. Thanks for any suggestions!PTZ Control Tab.jpgVideo Tab.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
iirc generic onvif dont support manual focus very well.. you'll have to use a Dahua specific setting, presuming there is one.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks nayr. I would have thought that BI would have the right specific setting for a Dahua camera. When I
choose Dahua as the make, I don't even get a video, let alone any controls! The real problem is that the camera
Auto focuses fine but it doesn't necessarily focus on what I want it to focus on, so I need to manually focus it.
Maybe someone that also has a Dahua with focus controls has the answer.....hopefully they will post here.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you've already done this but with my SD50430U-HNI in the WEB UI there's a focus setting in : Setup - Camera - Conditions - ZoomFocus

Maybe that'll help...

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @JimandYen, but as I stated, all functions including Manual Focus works using Fire Fox Web Browser.
If the browser can adjust Manual Focus, then Blue Iris should be able to!!! It's a pain to have to open a web
browser just to adjust the focus and as soon as the camera is moved or Zoomed again with BI, the focus is not
focused on what I want it to be focused on.....therefore I have to go back to the browser to adjust the focus again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see what you mean now. Ok..

I'm just setting up mine and seem to be having the same type of problem.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@JimandYen, if you find out a solution please post back here and I will do the same. When I set mine up, I had to use
the 'Find/inspect' and it came up with a 'Generic' setting that I'm using as my first post shows. As you may know, you
have to use User: admin and Password: admin to get the correct 'Find/inspect' results and it comes up with 'Generic'.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not using BI but if I fix something I'll certainly let you know. I've already had a firmware problem and my seller sent me another firmware file which worked but It's kind of generic but they are supposed to send me another.