Dahua DHI-HCVR5208 Decoder and Display from Multiple Sources

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i have a Dahua HCVR-5208 16 Channel DVR on my store. It is connected to 8 Analog Cameras via regular coaxial cable, and i view it on my HDMI monitor.

Now i plan to add an extra 2 Cameras on my warehouse, located 150 meters away from the store.

I want to the 8 Analog Cameras + Extra 2 Cameras on my current monitor .

Is this possible?
I understand that it is 150 meters away , its not much of a distance. However since my store is located in the building, the permits do not allow cables to go beyond the store. So my only option is probably a connection via the Internet.
Or do i have any other options?

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not with an analouge system, you gotta run a wire or start converting over to IP.

Reaction score
not with an analouge system, you gotta run a wire or start converting over to IP.
If i do install 2 IP Cameras in the warehouse , can i route them to my DVR located in my Store? Do i require an internet connection ?
?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it looks like your got a Hybrid NVR that supports IP Cameras; but only 1080p maximum..

If the installation location is tied into your fuse box for mains power you can try using PowerLine networking, if thats not an option your next best bet is a Point to Point wireless bridge but for that you need a clear line of sight form your store to the location you want the cameras.

Internet does not really provide enough bandwidth; and most providers have transfer limits that a remote camera is liable to exceed within days.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
it looks like your got a Hybrid NVR that supports IP Cameras; but only 1080p maximum..

If the installation location is tied into your fuse box for mains power you can try using PowerLine networking, if thats not an option your next best bet is a Point to Point wireless bridge but for that you need a clear line of sight form your store to the location you want the cameras.

Internet does not really provide enough bandwidth; and most providers have transfer limits that a remote camera is liable to exceed within days.
Powerline Networking is definitely not an option, since it is a building , I am pretty sure not all power source are interconnected.

A Point to Point Wireless bridge isn't possible since the position of the store are both indoors, and again, access for a point to point to be kept on top of the building, definitely not an option.

Since it is just 2 cameras , and they do not necessarily have to record in HD) . Would it be possible to establish a VPN Connection with the IP Cameras in the warehouse? Sorry , I am aware on how this works on Windows-computers but not sure if they can be replicated on CCTVs.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.