Dahua discontinues a lot of cameras, COVID-19 ???

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah it is odd that they would drop the 1831 without a replacement. I looked at their new product catalog and didn't see any 1/1.8 8 MP cameras. I was hoping for an 1831 eyeball.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is absolutely right. "The semiconductor business has also become one of the most interlinked in history, with raw materials coming from Japan and Mexico and chips made in the US and China. The chips are then shipped around the world again to be installed in devices that end up in people's hands in every country in the world." You can get the idea now of the proportionality of how most of the raw materials and production of these chips are in China now. :) The Apple iPhone production was suffering in Q1 of this year. Foxconn just reopened their factories and the supply chain is slowly regaining momentum. Won't be long until you'll have the next latest and greatest toy in your hands.

The new model that @looney2ns received recently has an absolutely attractive aperture :D

I knew this in Jan, chips problems, not about the virus, i seized some of these models' stock. HFW1831E,HFW2831T-ZS.
as @looney2ns said, some models not good compare to the latest new ones.

KCO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From what I see WizSense is the new Lite AI
But it still seems strange to me that so many products have been discontinued without having a superior replacement in characteristics, in fact there is not even a replacement... :rolleyes:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I see WizSense is the new Lite AI
But it still seems strange to me that so many products have been discontinued without having a superior replacement in characteristics, in fact there is not even a replacement... :rolleyes:
Dahua does not model its business after what end users on a camera forum think. Consider that their more expensive line of cameras used 1/2.5 inch sensors in 4k cameras. It certainly has nothing to do with corona. You cant use logic to explain their reasoning. However you can bet that it is directly related to sales/profit.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Sales and profits are keywords ;)
Somebody has to put dinner on the table