Dahua DMSS Remote Arming and Disarming

gengar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to get 4 of the new Dahua TIOC version 2.0 cameras (DH-IPC-HDW3849HP-AS-PV-0280B-S3) and pairing it with a basic 4ch NVR (NVR4104HS-p-4KS2). The shop tells me while the NVR4104HS-p-4KS2 supports receiving notification and viewing live footage and replay from mobile phone on DMSS, it does not support arming or disarming. If I want to arm or disarm from phone I need to upgrade to the pro version of the NVR. Is this correct? I have been searching online but can't find anywhere that says anything about that. Hoping one of you knowledgeable people can shed a little light on this. Thanks!

Levent

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to get 4 of the new Dahua TIOC version 2.0 cameras (DH-IPC-HDW3849HP-AS-PV-0280B-S3) and pairing it with a basic 4ch NVR (NVR4104HS-p-4KS2). The shop tells me while the NVR4104HS-p-4KS2 supports receiving notification and viewing live footage and replay from mobile phone on DMSS, it does not support arming or disarming. If I want to arm or disarm from phone I need to upgrade to the pro version of the NVR. Is this correct? I have been searching online but can't find anywhere that says anything about that. Hoping one of you knowledgeable people can shed a little light on this. Thanks!
On the NVR4104HS-P-4KS2/L series allows for arming and disarming not sure about the non L version

gengar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Let me just check that I am getting the L version then.

Levent

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Let me just check that I am getting the L version then.
First do some research there are difference in specs and chips with the L series because it's meant to be there Lite series and I'm sure if you had the latest firmware for the normal version it should have disable alarm linkage

gengar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First do some research there are difference in specs and chips with the L series because it's meant to be there Lite series and I'm sure if you had the latest firmware for the normal version it should have disable alarm linkage
Mate sorry I am a total beginner at these cam. What do you mean by disable alarm linkage?

I see the non-L version is end of life so I suspect I am getting the L version so just confirm. Thanks!

Levent

n3wb
Reaction score
Mate sorry I am a total beginner at these cam. What do you mean by disable alarm linkage?

I see the non-L version is end of life so I suspect I am getting the L version so just confirm. Thanks!
Disable alarm linkage is the feature for arming and disarming your active deterrence so you can disable the siren and red and blue flashing lights manually

gengar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just confirmed I am getting the L version so looks like all good. Just need to be able to set it up now. Hopefully its not going to be too difficult!