Dahua Dome

TerryG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all let me start with a thanks to all in advance, I am putting a system together slowly but but I am basing it around a 2mp Huisun( i know it's not the most liked camera here) buy mine seems fine have it going on two years just an issue with graininess at night with the IR off...anywayy biggest issue is I'm in a bungalow so I am leaning towards dome cameras as they would be less easily vandalised been mounted so low down(around 9ft)..the PTZ Huisun is in the top of a gable at the side of the house (approx 16ft)...I'm wanting to spend around €100 per camera and might need 4 but need ones that have decent enough night time vision...front garden is 10 ft by 16ft squared and the back garden is smaller with my bungalow extended in the kitchen..thanks everyone for there time and input...one last thing is they will all be powered over my POE switch

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
TerryG,

Welcome to the forum!

There is a wealth of info already here. Most basic-to-medium questions have already been asked and answered. Searching this already-existing info is often more productive, and faster, than starting a new thread and waiting for folks to answer.

Here's some info on problems with domes outdoors, and some other form factor options.
Why turrets instead of bullets?
The right camera
Dome vs. Bullet
Domes vs Bullets
Can someone suggest a good Hikvision dome camera?

Good luck, and welcome again!
Fastb
PS: As a newbie, I bought a dome for outdoors. I regret it. I like my bullets better, and will soon get a turret.

TerryG

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much and I greatly appreciate the advice and direction of pointing me in the right places to look