Dahua Door Bell

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my Ring Door Bell after the subscription price increase. I’ve Dahua Camera and I’ve seen they do a Door Bell. Has anyone used one or fitted one? Can they sit on your WiFi network? As I’ve no way of getting a cable to the Router.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just ordered a reolink. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here.

diver165

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my Ring Door Bell after the subscription price increase. I’ve Dahua Camera and I’ve seen they do a Door Bell. Has anyone used one or fitted one? Can they sit on your WiFi network? As I’ve no way of getting a cable to the Router.
My camera arrived. Now, bear in mind, mine is the wired POE version. It works great with my 20 cam (now 21 cam) Blue Iris setup. The image is great and the phone app seems to work well too. It comes with a detached doorbell wall wart that works off bluetooth. It synced up w/o any effort. I will say when I first went to set it up I got frustrated. For some reason on my camera I had to go into the the setup - Network - Server Settings and enable the ONVIF and RTSP. Once I turned them on and matched the port settings in Blue Iris it worked w/o a hitch. My doorbell cam is gonna operate independently from Blue Iris. I want Blue Iris to record and monitor everything. But the Reolink app on the phone will send push msgs and I can pop on/off to see and communicate. I put a 256GB card in mine to store clips. I hope this will replace our SimpliSafe doorbell camera. It didn't work with BI and it sucked... This one seems way more stable and doing exactly what it claims. So far so good.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The option is present in newer firmware on the web interface. I'm currently on v3.0.0.2033_23041300. The latest version is v3.0.0.3215

View attachment 189162
Good to know.
Six of of my 8 cams are set for 15FPS and iFrame set to 15, the 2 Reolink DB's are also set for 15FPS but have no iFrame setting.
One Reolink is using RTSP and the other is RTMP in Blue Iris; both are set for continuous recording.
They both work great and unless I'm missing something, there are mo issues.

Does anyone know in what way would not having the later f/w with an iFrame setting show up or cause an issue, especially in Blue Iris?

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does the chime work? Does it need wifi internet access to a Reolink service or does the door bell send a signal internally on the LAN to the chime device?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How does the chime work? Does it need wifi internet access to a Reolink service or does the door bell send a signal internally on the LAN to the chime device?
Uses RF @ 433MHz directly from the doorbell to the furnished plug-in chime.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What about the Eufy Doorbell?