Dahua DORI vs real world ?

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Curious about your experiences with real world use vs the Dahua DORI distances. Using the IVPM calculator and our address with say the 5231R-ZE for example it would appear the Dahua DORI data is overly optimistic. We plan to use predominantly the 5231R-ZE on our new house and about 12 of those, goal is to identify would be perps from say about 20’ with good results and it appears doable. That is in looking at various videos and tests here. Having said that, what are your findings in general, not per se with this camera? I’m thinking they are very optimistic under perfect conditions.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
If I am reading Dahua's spec sheet for that camera correctly, their 'identify' level maps out to ~65ppf which will, in good lighting conditions, allow identifying a person.

If you understand PPF, and you do, it is probably clearer/easier to communicate using the PPF number you desire rather than the less precise 'identify'/'recognize', etc levels.

Attachments

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand the PFF and as I’d noted I’m just curious in general as
opposed to and certain camera.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
DORI is an antiquated concept and rarely used professionally these days. I'd just ignore it.