Dahua Email Notification Suddenly Stopped Working

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to confirm - for now everything back to normal with outlook.com and TLS port 587... hopefully it'll last for a while... Thanks RMatt for the heads up!
My email problems returned!

Just to add to the story, my newly created Outlook.com email account worked only about one day before it too quit sending emails.

To summarize,
1. I started with a gmail address using SSL. It worked for months, then stopped.
2. I changed to TLS and changed port numbers, and the same gmail account started working again. Changing back to SSL did not help.
3. When this stopped, I tried a yahoo.com address. It would not work.
4. I tried a new outlook.com address, which worked for about one day before stopping.

At this point, I have to believe there is something non-standard about the way the Dahua NVRs use email. We get problems with three widely used email services.

Does anyone have a free email provider that is reliable SMTP service for Dahua NVRs?

Max76

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi RMatt, I had exactly your same story, after one day of outlook.com the camera stopped again sending mails, however it was just the fact that outlook required a manual confirmation (from the mail account) to make sure it wasn't spamming. After confirming that it resumed sending mails, it's now still working fine since a couple of weeks, fingers crossed... You might want to check your mail account first.

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi RMatt, I had exactly your same story, after one day of outlook.com the camera stopped again sending mails, however it was just the fact that outlook required a manual confirmation (from the mail account) to make sure it wasn't spamming. After confirming that it resumed sending mails, it's now still working fine since a couple of weeks, fingers crossed... You might want to check your mail account first.
Thanks you! I think that is what happened to mine. I logged in via the web interface, found the verification message (a couple of weeks old by now) and clicked through. All is working now.

I appreciate your help.

Max76

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks you! I think that is what happened to mine. I logged in via the web interface, found the verification message (a couple of weeks old by now) and clicked through. All is working now.

I appreciate your help.
You're welcome, let's hope it's going to last for a while... :) Cheers

ChasPPerth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I have encountered the same issue.

Emailing worked fine with my existing gmail account and after disconnecting and turning off the Dahua DVR unit from my direct connected monitor, to relocate the unit to its final location, the email functionality failed to work.

Having read through all the suggestions in this forum without any success (thanks for these), I decided to open an email account with my broadband supplier. I then configured the Dahua DVR as per the guidelines - and it worked!!

Well I had thought it worked - as the email test was successful. However when checking my email account I found emails advising delivery failures. This was the reason:

Reason: The following message to xxxxxxx@gmail.com was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 550-5.7.1 [62.24.135.68 14] Messages missing a valid address in From:

It would appear that the Dahua unit does not use the "Sender" details in the "From" address field. Possibly used in the "ReplyTo" address only. This may be the primary reason why other email servers such as gmail are rejecting the emails - but today was the first time i had any indication of what the underlying issue may have been.

Since sending around 10 "successful" tests from Dahua (each undeliverable) this test facility then started to fail once more. (Sigh)

I firmly suspect an issue with the Dahua DVR, as I have tried multiple accounts and SMTP hosts without any success since I powered the unit down. The software indicates it is on the latest version (System Version: 3.216.0000000.0 Build Date: 2018-06-05), so I don't know where to go from here apart from dumping the Dahua DVR and looking for another brand. I know my gmail account work fine as I receive daily emails from each of my PCs/devices when they are powered up - so no router firewall issues that I am aware of.

Any further suggestions or thoughts on this topic would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Chas

caryan

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to confirm - for now everything back to normal with outlook.com and TLS port 587... hopefully it'll last for a while... Thanks RMatt for the heads up!
Hi Max76, does your email sending notice using TLS port 587 in outlook.com still working up until now?

1.) Back in yr2018, I have 2 old dahua DVRs which was installed to different clients, email notices were working just fine using gmail SSL/465, inbox flooded because the email health was turned on and it was set to 60 mins interval by default. In the same year, this feature already stopped. It was only now when I have the time to try to figure this out and try to restore this feature using solutions described in previous threads. I presumed that this is the main reason why email sending notice will stop at some point (or probably dahua have only certain number of emails to send /or allowed to use this feature for just a few months being being free demo?)

2.) I bought another 2 brand new dahua xvr 4.0, tried same gmail account as I was using in DVRs mentioned in item no 1, works perfectly using SSL/465. This concluded to myself that dahua's push notice services via email will work in the beginning and will stop if reached the maximum number of email sent for each individual device. Or will stop if reached different set of parameters like few months, or few years, etc.

Does anybody have the same conclusion as mine?
Thank you in advance.

jdsantizo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Max76 gmail is not working with E mail Notification using Dahua Nvr, works with HOTMAIL or OUTLOOK.COM. Have a nice day guys