Dahua - Email Pictures

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am getting around to replacing some of my 5231's with 5442's to eliminate some of the false alerts I've been receiving (snow, rain, etc.) Existing cameras (for the most part) are sending emails with pictures, but for the life of me, I can't get the new camera to send. Yes, the "attachment" box is checked.

Setup:
NVR 4kS2 -> cameras plugged into Ubiquiti PoE Switch.
NVR sends the emails. Cameras do not have WAN access
NVR FW: 4.002.0000000.5.R, Build: 2022-7-29
Camera (5442T-ZE) FW: V2.820.15OG001.0.R Build: 2021-05-25 (what came on the camera)
Camera FW: upgraded to: V2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18 (still no go)

What I've tried on the 5442:
1. Straight up motion detection (not SMD) sends emails
2. Factory reset, setup calibration and IVS directly on camera. AI detects person, no email
3. Factory reset, setup via SmartPSS (calibration and IVS). AI detects person, no email.
4. Factory reset, setup camera directly via NVR interface. No email
5. Multiple resets of the NVR along the way and verifying both on the camera interface and via SmartPSS that the settings are the same.

The only thing that is different is that I don't have an SD card in the 5442, but that shouldn't matter.

I have a few cameras I want to replace, but until I get the email sorted out, that is on hold.

Last edited:

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll give that a try. I just looked at the NVR and it is in fact saving snapshots of the "detected" items. Just won't email them, so I know it is detecting properly.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go with step 2 again. Then after saving in the camera open the settings on the NVR. Hit refresh and see if email is checked.
Negative. I can check and uncheck the email setting and see it change on both SmartPSS and vice versa on the camera.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried logging into the NVR from a web browser?
SmartPSS mainly.
But if I go through the web browser, there is only a link to open the camera via the "Camera" IP address, unless I am missing a settings page.

It seems to me there was a setting buried somewhere that you had to tick off each channel that you wanted emails sent from. For the life of me, I can't find it (or remember if that is actually what it was)