Dahua eyeball network camera won't turn on

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! Hope you've all had a good weekend!
I'm new here and abit of a Noob when it comes to ip cameras.
I've had a dahua Eyeball network camera in mine for a year (on top of my kitchen cupboard sealed) and now I've decide to fit it.

The idea was to connect it upto my pc with a cat 5 ethernet cable without a poe switch so I could just have the video on an open tab in my browser

I thought I might of been able to connect and power it from my pc ethernet but after doing abit of reading I now understand that I must also connect the 12v dc power to it but I can't seem to get any life out of it?
Its not turning on no matter what I do is it something I'm doing or could the camera just be a dud?
Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you know it's not doing anything at all? Keep in mind you need to be able to "see" it from an IP address of 192.168.1.108, the default IP address that Dahua uses for all their cameras. If you computer is not on the 192.168.1.xx subnet, you won't be able to "see" it on the network. Download the Dahua config tool and use that, telling it to look at the 192.168.1.xx subnet to see if it's actually there.

Reaction score
How do you know it's not doing anything at all? Keep in mind you need to be able to "see" it from an IP address of 192.168.1.108, the default IP address that Dahua uses for all their cameras. If you computer is not on the 192.168.1.xx subnet, you won't be able to "see" it on the network. Download the Dahua config tool and use that, telling it to look at the 192.168.1.xx subnet to see if it's actually there.
Sorry I could of been more clear there, what I meant was I couldn't find the camera on my configtool with a search of that ip or I couldn't get the actual camera to turn on (ir light when you cover the camera).

I have tried another two power supplys since and two out of the 3 seem to be broken as now I'm getting power to the camera off the last 12v DC the ir light pops on with the click and also I'm getting it come up on my configtool now.

Now I have it coming up on my config is there a way to be able to connect to through the ethernet port straight to my pc?

Edit: I should add I'm getting a message on configtool saying the list only shows connected to LAN device(s) you cannot initialize crossing LAN

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, all you need to do is to use the config tool to set it to an IP address in the same network scheme, subnet, as your PC. Then, on your PC, simply type in the IP address into the address bar of a web browser.

When you assign a fixed address to the camera make sure it is outside of the DHCP range of your router and that no other device on your network is using that address.

Reaction score
Sure, all you need to do is to use the config tool to set it to an IP address in the same network scheme, subnet, as your PC. Then, on your PC, simply type in the IP address into the address bar of a web browser.

When you assign a fixed address to the camera make sure it is outside of the DHCP range of your router and that no other device on your network is using that address.
Perfect thank you for your help! Last night I had a play about and I've changed the pc etherent ip to match the camera is this okay? (instead of obtaining the ip automatically)

The camera works and my pc seems fine also, I would just like to check with you that it's okay what i have done ?

And thanks again for your help! :) 1649088375603647199562912015273.jpg