Dahua firmware downgrade

Miacomo

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR5464-4KS2

After the system did a firmware upgrade, cameras all randomly go off/online ever few minutes. I know it's FW related since this NVR never had a single issue like this in the past.
Now has V4.002.000000.5.R
Old was V4.001.xxxxxxx

Is there an easy way to roll this back to the old FW. I tried putting the .bin on USB stick and forcing a FW upgrade but it won't take it.

thanks, everyone! This forum has been great so far!

Last edited:

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
NVR5464-4KS2

After the system did a firmware upgrade, cameras all randomly go off/online ever few minutes. I know it's FW related since this NVR never had a single issue like this in the past.
Now has V4.002.000000.5.R
Old was V4.001.xxxxxxx

Is there an easy way to roll this back to the old FW. I tried putting the .bin on USB stick and forcing a FW upgrade but it won't take it.

thanks, everyone! This forum has been great so far!
I also recently upgraded my nvr5216-4ks2 firmware from 4.001.xxxx to 4.002.000000.5.R and after that the external alarm inputs of all my DAHUA-cams (different models, 1-3 years old) are loosing the configuration inside the nvr setting after one has rebooted the nvr (sometimes 2 reboots needed) or after there was a powerloss. And therefor the NVR would no longer record such alarm events until one would have manually re-configured its setting. So I have two questions:

1) Do you have cams with such external alarm input registered at your nvr and, if so, do you also observe that error?
2) Did you meanwhile succeed to downgrade the firmware, perhaps using rs-232 in conunction with setting up a TFTP-server on your Windows-PC using also a terminal emulator like e.g. PuTTY?

Miacomo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have alarm inputs used for my driveway alert and whole house security system. I did not try to downgrade through RS232 yet. This "upgrade" is terrible. I hope there's a patch for it soon. I'm looking at switching to Blue Iris as soon as I find a decent computer for my needs.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have alarm inputs used for my driveway alert and whole house security system. I did not try to downgrade through RS232 yet. This "upgrade" is terrible. I hope there's a patch for it soon. I'm looking at switching to Blue Iris as soon as I find a decent computer for my needs.
In my case: I have configured the NVR5216-4ks2 that it records for a minute the mainstream under h.265 , VBR, maximum resolution and quality to its hdd (wd purple). Trigger to such record is a change (e.g. from nc to no) in the external alarm input at a registered12mp-dome. Later i found out that the configuration CAMext in the nvr for that record gets lost if one of the three following events has happened: 1) power loss, even if only for 10-15 minutes. One can simulate that by pulling the 12V-dc cable out of the port at backside OR 2) reboot the nvr via its webinterface at least two times.
I also believe to have observed that the configuration for the CAMextvgets also lost after (3) one has disconnected the lan-cable from the nvr to the router/switch for some time (e.g. 30 minutes).
Only the configuration for the CAMext (external alarm input at the cam) gets lost, the other configurations are kept. At moment i cannot say with 100% whether something went wrong with the firmware upgrade, whether accidentally the nvr has got a hardware defect these days or whether it is the new firmware. Since the effects happen with all my cams (some powered by 12 V DC, some by PoE) and since several cam types are installed, it must be related with the nvr. With the former firmware 4.001.x it has not happened.
It would be of very great help to me if you could test whether the symptom also happens with your equipment. I used following setting in nvr / cam : 15fps, vbr, mainstream recording at nvr to hdd, substream recording at cam to sdcard, best quality (6), maximum resolution, h.265, post-record 60 seconds, anti-dither (under "more") 30 seconds.
Now, sensor type may be nc or no. The point is that - if that configuration gets lost in the nvr - in case of an event only the cam would record. In my case the change of status from e.g. nc to no at the external alarm input at cam is created by an external motion sensor (microwave or pir). One can simulate that also by changing the sensor type in the gDMSS plus app, in the nvr or in the cam.
Could you perhaps quickly check whether in your case also that particular configuration has got lost inside the nvr after you did one or several of the 3 above actions? Needless to say that one would better backup the configuration......