Dahua firmware on their website

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody noticed Dahua are now offering firmware on their site?

Firmware

I wonder what issues this is going to cause for people with Chinese cameras or who aren't aware of the issues between genuine English and "hacked" devices?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought dahua cams arent hacked since they arent locked to regions like hik?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they are not locked to regions, but they do make Chinese domestic models that come with only Chinese translations.. they are made of plastic housings and the seller has modified the firmware on them from stock so the'll run english translations.. so performing updates is likely to revert em back to Chinese or just outright fail.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you tell the difference? Mine were white box all metal but then i have the vandal proof domes.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Largely by which Dahua site you find the model number on; but I've seen some sellers even bullshitting the model number they sell you so might need to check the sticker on the bottom..

Model number w/Spec Page on Dahua USA = USA Model
Model number w/Spec Page on Dahua International = International Model
Model number w/Spec Page cant be found or you locate it on a Chinese Language Dahua site = Chinese model

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
Largely by which Dahua site you find the model number on; but I've seen some sellers even bullshitting the model number they sell you so might need to check the sticker on the bottom..

Model number w/Spec Page on Dahua USA = USA Model
Model number w/Spec Page on Dahua International = International Model
Model number w/Spec Page cant be found or you locate it on a Chinese Language Dahua site = Chinese model
Option 4 - seemingly self stickered products of dubious origin that may have originated from dubious sources and being sold by Aliexpress sellers.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine are logo'd but I'm not concerned with updating them. I have thought about updating the firmware of my NVR though.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I successfully flashed the firmware from that site yesterday on one of the IPC-HDW5231R-Z I received from Andy last week. Original firmware on the camera was from 7-25-16, which curiously was older than the firmware on the first IPC-HDW5231R-Z Z I bought from him before Chinese New Year. Only tried one camera as I was playing around with IVS and not getting what I expected.