Dahua Firmware version explanation and clarification

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've recently been looking through the Dahau firmware and was wondering if someone could point out a resource for further information or answer a few questions?

Right now firmware appears to be in two different streams 2.622 and 2.800 what is the difference between the streams?
Most Firmware has a PN and NP version, difference between the two? - Answered, Legacy naming from Pal/NTSC both are identical?
What would HDMI in the firmware title indicate?
What is the difference between the _Market firmware and the ones without the _market.

When you look into the files, there are about 8 that are compatible with the camera model so I'm trying to distinguish the difference,

Thanks

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I know, there are generally two firmware files for the same firmware version - one being with the Dahua logo and the other without Dahua logo. At least this is what I notice here on the forum.

I've recently been looking through the Dahau firmware and was wondering if someone could point out a resource for further information or answer a few questions?

Right now firmware appears to be in two different streams 2.622 and 2.800 what is the difference between the streams?
Most Firmware has a PN and NP version, difference between the two? - Answered, Legacy naming from Pal/NTSC both are identical?
What would HDMI in the firmware title indicate?
What is the difference between the _Market firmware and the ones without the _market.

When you look into the files, there are about 8 that are compatible with the camera model so I'm trying to distinguish the difference,

Thanks

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I've narrowed it down to is between these versions:
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-HDMI-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_Market_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_Market_V2.800.0000014.0.R.191203
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Multi-Rhea_Eng_P_Market_V2.622.0000000.32.R.190827

In regards to the _market new firmwares have it while older ones such as: DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000008.0.R.190619 lacked it.

mostly wondering what the difference between 2.622 and 2.800 is as they are actively maintaining both branches, if one was superseded I would not think you would see updates to it.