Dahua Fisheye EBW81242N no features

MrTee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi team,

I recently got a great deal on a Dahua Fisheye IPC-EBW81242N. I purchased the device from a popular Chinese official site and have been pretty happy with the purchase.

Now in operation for the past few weeks, from the WebUI the device appears to be working to design however I can't see or have access to the following features:

Multiple Dewarp Modes
Analytics+ Functions — People Counting and Queue Management
Intelligent Video System with Intelligent Business Analysis

I've googled the hell of this issue but found nothing. Could this possibly be a licensing issue or am I missing something?

Has anybody experienced a similar issue with this model &/or Dahau camera?

Thank you in advance...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer as some of these cams are really browser dependent.

MrTee

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for responding wittaj,

I've well and truly road-tested this with just about every browser including Edge but not IE.

I'll grab a copy and tryout,

Again thank you for the heads-up

MrTee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi wittaj and community,

I report back that it's very difficult to install IE on WIN11 as Edge continues to override the install. I did have some success placing Edge in IE compatibility mode which allows sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode.
After installing the IE plugin, I did gain some functionality however still no Dewarping, Analytics or AI. I had the same experience in SmartPSS ...so weird!

I'll continue to drill down for the solution and report back team

Wittaj, thank you for your assistance...cheers

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah some have reported even with IE plug in that some features still were not showing or working properly.

MrTee

n3wb
Reaction score
Good to know, cheers... I do hope Dahua stop sitting on their hands and get this sorted soon. They must be losing loyal customers hand over fist with simple issues like this left unresolved.

In the meanwhile my OCD has kicked in...I'll keep working on it and report back

Have a good one

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Simple solution, find a machine with Win10 and use IE on that. IE is "baked in" on Win10. Just type "explorer" in the search bar. Win11 eliminates it and makes it impossible to use. That's the problem with "bleeding edge" OS. As an alternate, try Pale Moon browser in the 32 bit version.