Dahua GDMSS issue

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, hope this is the right section. I have been having problems with my GDMSS app and same problems with iDMSS app. For the longest time, the app would not work properly. I played around and have noticed the following.

When i add my NVR via IP/Domain address, everything seems towork fine but once i disconnect from my wifi nothing works

When i add my NVR via P2P, i can connect via cell network and wifi, but i can add my IVS for push notifications, says "device not support the function" when i want to use my presets for PTZ.

Am i missing something?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello there!

So first the good news: if the NVR and IVS stuff works on your LAN (ip/domain), you are already 99% finished. Why? Because forget about the p2p. This might look very handy (as it creates an outbound "P2P" kinda VPN like) connection toward Dahua "service portals" which bridge your LAN over the internetz to your mobile device. And that's the reason why you don't want that p2p stuff anyway.

How to solve this situation?

Have a look at VPN Primer for Noobs, lots of fun to read, but TL;DR for you:
  • deploy an OpenVPN server in your LAN (can be on your internet router - eg Asus/dd-wrt/...)
  • install an OpenVPN client on your mobile device
  • configure OpenVPN (tons of noob tutorials available on the internetz): by doing so, your mobile device always thinks it's on your LAN (IP/Domain) which means ... you are set for 100%

Easy peasy ;-)

Happy camming!
CC

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I checked my router and i have no compatability with VPN. Read the VPN for noobs stuff and will really have to read it a few more times to see what i can firgure out. For now i was able to get it working by adding the cameras to my gdmss app individually. Now so for reason that is acting up as my app is always requiring ,me to log in. Even gave the gdmss app "carte blanche" to run in the background, battery usage etc......