Dahua gDMSS Plus Save View

Reaction score
Hi, is there a way to save a preferred view and layout of cameras like you do in the SmartPSS? I know there is a way to save a favourite camera but what about a logical layout of cameras?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes on the last version of iDMSS you were able to. It opened with the last set of cameras viewed. Unfortunately Dahua released an update for their IOS app the other day that broke the whole damn thing (4.40) and the app is currently useless.. Not certain about the Android version...

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The only way I have found in gDMSS Plus was to open what cams you want in the windows you want. Then goto the 3 lines at the top left, > settings at bottom > general settings > Turn on Memory play.
This will keep all the windows the way you set them the next time you start - but it will open all the video channels that you had open last time..

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes on the last version of iDMSS you were able to. It opened with the last set of cameras viewed. Unfortunately Dahua released an update for their IOS app the other day that broke the whole damn thing (4.40) and the app is currently useless.. Not certain about the Android version...
Curious

Are you able to playback any recording on DMSS after the update or are you getting a record not found message?

Bill

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope. Playback is broken.

I do believe it has something to do with to many connections but I'm no app programmer ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I would mention it acts the same way connecting to an NVR or a DVR..

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, is there a way to save a preferred view and layout of cameras like you do in the SmartPSS? I know there is a way to save a favourite camera but what about a logical layout of cameras?
Go into the three line menu and select favorites. Add and name a favorite. Back in live preview Make sure all channels are closed. Open the cameras you want in each channel window. Once opened tap on each channel and then hit the star button, which is the favorites button and choose the favorite name you created previously. Do this for each open video channel you want to add. Then to view that group of favorites, hit the camera button up top and choose the favorite from there. For a different set of cameras, repeat from the beginning and name it accordingly. Not particularly intuitive but that's the way you do it.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Can you let engineers know that latest iDMSS update broke playback on iPhone. Notifications and snapshot working however playback alert or playback not working

Thank you