Dahua hdw554 connection to NVR2104. Status red dot.

Reaction score
I can view the dahua hdw554 camera stream ok by connecting directly to the cameras static ip address, therefore the camera's working ok.
I can see the camera in the NVR2104 camera list and can add it to the Added device section ok, green tick shows. Once added however the Status column has a red dot. No video stream on the live page.

The camera ip settings as follows:
ip add. 192.168.1.108
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.1.1

NVR ip settings
IP add. 1921.168.1.109
def g'way 192.168.1.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0

As the NVR and the camera are clearly connected, I can add the camera, this is unlikely to be a network issue.
What am I missing?

Grateful for any suggestions.
Richard

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If 2104 NVR is a NONE POE one, check the password.
The NVR is too lite for this cam, sometimes 4 and 5 series can do plug in and play.

Reaction score
Empire Candy, thanks very much for your reply.
The NVR2104 is a none poe one and so it's powered with a poe switch. I don't understand what the connection is between the power system and the password that you mention.
I have tried re-setting the camera with the reset button, then removing power, then re-powering/re-installing.
Same issue, red light button shows in status. No video stream at the NVR although video fine when I view direct to the camera with the camera ip address.
I've attached a basic network diagram that shows the setup although I feel that it's probably not a network issue as the NVR connects fine to the camera and I can Add it.
Thanks, Richard

Attachments

Reaction score
Having spoken to Dahua tech support they helped make the following changes. First I should add that the poe switch I have in the diagram is a poe injector and I now understand that it's a very different thing. To get this to work we changed the camera network network settings to DHCP. Previously it had been a static ip address. Default gateway and preferred DNS both set to my router IP address.
Camera deleted from the NVR and re-added. Now with the DHCP setting on the camera, the camera live view was able to be accessed by clicking on the Internet Explorer icon in the Added Device Line, under the webpage column.
Using this webpage access to the camera did require me to click on dropdown forms asking me to acknowledge that I was ok with this. Afraid I can't remember details but there is some tick box acknowledgement needed.
The camera was able to be added and the red dot went green. All ok.
I do wish now that I'd bought the NVR with integrated poe ports, and/or that instead of a poe injector I'd bought a poe switch, I think it'd have been much simpler.
I have also found that for reasons I've yet to get to the bottom of the camera / nvr connection has gone down overnight. All working fine last night then this morning, red dot again.
I hope this report may prove useful to somebody and wish I'd seen it before I jumped in.
Richard