Dahua HDW5541H-AS-PV 5MP WDR

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone try this camera?

link: IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87n-mjIdiWM

I know the AI stuff will only work with Dahua NVR, but in general, would it work flawlessly with BI.?
The feature, that I like is, it has a built-speaker within the camera, so that you can have 2 way
communication using the Dahua app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 3 of the active deterrence cams - not this one, but two of the 2MP and one of the 4MP version. Work great with BI. The AI works with BI in that you can set it up with IVS for human and/or motor vehicle AI and then use the pull ONVIF triggers in BI and only get motion detection on those features.

You can use the two-way communication with the BI app on a smartphone as well.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 of the active deterrence cams - not this one, but two of the 2MP and one of the 4MP version. Work great with BI. The AI works with BI in that you can set it up with IVS for human and/or motor vehicle AI and then use the pull ONVIF triggers in BI and only get motion detection on those features.

You can use the two-way communication with the BI app on a smartphone as well.
@wittaj
Thank for sharing. Great to hear the camera is working BI app, are you using Android or Iphone?
I read the review the BI app weren't so good on Android phone.

Would you mind pointing me the right direction of how getting IVS working with BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have android and have no problem with it. It may not be as polished as some would like, but it gets the job done. Rumor is an update is coming and many have been testing a beta version.

So in the camera you select smart plan and then IVS.

Next you go to the IVS screen and set up intrusion or tripwires for the area you want the camera to trigger.

Then you go into BI to add camera (or can do it if it is already in BI) and check the Pull Triggers via ONVIF option.

Then go to motion settings and uncheck the motion box that uses BI to trigger and select the box that says trigger from camera.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have android and have no problem with it. It may not be as polished as some would like, but it gets the job done. Rumor is an update is coming and many have been testing a beta version.

So in the camera you select smart plan and then IVS.

Next you go to the IVS screen and set up intrusion or tripwires for the area you want the camera to trigger.

Then you go into BI to add camera (or can do it if it is already in BI) and check the Pull Triggers via ONVIF option.

Then go to motion settings and uncheck the motion box that uses BI to trigger and select the box that says trigger from camera.
@wittaj
Thanks, for sharing. I think I better study this thread first: How to setup Dahua IVS with BlueIris?
before I venture out and buy the camera.

I read this post before, but never really researched much into it, as I read the detection is 100% accurate. True?
And also in order to get IVS working you need to match the correct camera firmware + the correct version BI v5.x.x..x, right?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go buy it you will be fine LOL.

I have found the AI on these things to be spot on.

Camera firmware with correct version of BI isn't necessary. I suspect there may be an older BI version it doesn't apply to, but a version in at least the past year has the ability to pull ONVIF triggers from the camera, probably longer.

Madgame87

n3wb
Reaction score
Would the hikvision DS-2CD2T86G2-ISU/SL or DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL be a better option? The Hikvision has similar features and the 8mp has a 1/1.8" sensor.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would the hikvision DS-2CD2T86G2-ISU/SL or DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL be a better option? The Hikvision has similar features and the 8mp has a 1/1.8" sensor.
@Madgame87 I am not sure whether this particular model of Hikvision camera's intelligence analytics will work with BI.

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using this camera IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV with firmware ( V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20 ) with SMD and IVS. Default settings haven't been altered yet due to my bright street lighting. So i don't use the IR for now. Best feature is the on-board speaker/Siren, that I use to deter a dog that likes to poop on my lawn. Built in light is ok not the brightest but is noticeable when someone crosses IVS lines at night, definitely gets your attention. I got 2 more to install facing east & west of the alley behind my residence, just waiting on pole brackets to arrive in the mail. I'm thinking about mounting approximately 10-12ft high that will work for the illegal dumping mofo's :mad:, that I end up cleaning up and or calling the city for a pickup. I purchased these particular cams for that purpose!

Attachments

Last edited: