Dahua help

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Dahua N41CP2 DVR with POE. I am trying to connect to a Dahua Tioc DUO panoramic camera. My software is SmartPSS lite and Config tool. The NVR connected right away and I changed the ip address from Dahua's 192.168.1.108 to 192.168.1.10 to avoid a conflict. The segments are the same. I cannot find the camera in PSS or in the config tool, I tried automatically searching and manual input, nothing works. Any ideas? Are all Dahua camera 192.168.1.108? Thanks, Brian in Arizona

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes they all come with same IP.

If you are using the POE ports of the NVR, you plug them in one at a time.

Plug one in and wait for it to show on the screen and then do the next one.

The NVR will automatically change the IP address of the cameras to the 10.x.x.x subnet to isolate them from your system.

You have now made a mess trying it the way you did lol.

Best bet now is to factory reset everything and start over.

Follow this thread:

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes they all come with same IP.

If you are using the POE ports of the NVR, you plug them in one at a time.

Plug one in and wait for it to show on the screen and then do the next one.

The NVR will automatically change the IP address of the cameras to the 10.x.x.x subnet to isolate them from your system.

You have now made a mess trying it the way you did lol.

Best bet now is to factory reset everything and start over.

Follow this thread:

Thanks, I reset the NVR to factory default then followed bigredfish's instructions. Now I just need to figure out why my browsers won't connect to the DVR's IP address. I can connect to my router fine but when I try to connect to the NVR I get a site can't be reached error and ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try internet Explorer...yeah we know lol but it is still available. Or try Pale Moon 32bit.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I reset the NVR to factory default then followed bigredfish's instructions. Now I just need to figure out why my browsers won't connect to the DVR's IP address. I can connect to my router fine but when I try to connect to the NVR I get a site can't be reached error and ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Those are two different errors...

Are you certain of the IP of your NVR? And you're certain its on the same segment as your computer you're trying to access it with?

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Try internet Explorer...yeah we know lol but it is still available. Or try Pale Moon 32bit.
I tried Chrome and MS Edge
Those are two different errors...

Are you certain of the IP of your NVR? And you're certain its on the same segment as your computer you're trying to access it with?
Yes, my router is 192.168.1.1 and the NVR is 192.168.1.108. Everything on my network is 192.168.1.XXX

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED usually means you're not hitting the NVR. If you did a reset but not full factory reset, it may have retained the old IP which you said was 192.168.1.10

Also sometimes rebooting the NVR and router after a NVR reset can clear things up

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED usually means you're not hitting the NVR. If you did a reset but not full factory reset, it may have retained the old IP which you said was 192.168.1.10

Also sometimes rebooting the NVR and router after a NVR reset can clear things up
OK I'll try a reboot. Also I did do the full factory reset using a mouse and a monitor.

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
No dice. I even disabled my ad blocker which has caused issues before. Maybe I need to look at my firewall settings?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you see it attached in the router interface and it shows the IP assigned you think it is?

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you see it attached in the router interface and it shows the IP assigned you think it is?
Everything goes through a switch so I can only see the ip address of the switch. Will I need to run a network cable directly to my router or PC?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait... what?

What kind of switch? Managed I assume? Are you saying this switch isnt connected to your router? So how do you expect to connect from your PC to the NVR?

I'm no network expert and have no experience with a managed switch that hides the IP's of devices attached to it...but at a low level it should be something like

Router>>Switch>>NVR
With you PC connected somehow to the same LAN segment as the switch.

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
No, the switch is connected to the router with a data cable. It's a 24 port Netgear switch on a rack, I had an IT guy install it. From the switch there are ethernet cables to wireless access points and to some other network devices including an Acti IP camera. The NVR is plugged into the switch and I was able to access it and set it up through PSS lite but PSS lite could never find the camera so I put the NVR back to factory to see if I can access it directly by connecting to it per your instructions. Just for the heck of it I plugged the camera into the NVR just now and it works when using the mouse and monitor directly at the NVR so I know if I can figure out how to connect to the NVR everything will work. Tomorrow I will make up a cable and try bypassing the switch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, so it sounds like you have a networking problem, not an NVR or camera problem.
It sounds like this switch isnt allowing different segments to talk to each other.

BTW- dont try using SmartPSS/Lite to configure ANYTHING> Its good as a live viewer, and for playback and downloading clips, full stop. Its not intended for Configuration.

All Config options should be done directly on the individual camera web interface, and the few that are required (recording schedules mostly) can be done on the NVR web interface.

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and I'll post back with my results. I might have to call my IT guy who installed the switch and the mesh WIFI if I can't figure it out.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The PC your'e using to access the NVR with may be on a different segment of some type via one of the AP's?

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
The PC your'e using to access the NVR with may be on a different segment of some type via one of the AP's?
So this morning when I got up I had a popup from eset saying it had been blocking a threat from IP 192.168.1.108 so I told eset to allow it and I was able to connect to the NVR. Even though I was able to connect and the camera was connected and visible on the separate monitor connected to the NVR, I could not see the camera on my PC. It indicated there was a camera on port 7 of the NVR, which is correct, but would not open the video. It also only shows 4 channels on my desktop when the NVR is 8 channels. I tried closing it and connecting again and still no camera, it says something about login time expired or something like that. Then I disconnected again and a few minutes later tried to connect again so i could get a screenshot and it's back to not connecting with the same error messages as yesterday:confused: So today I'll concentrate on eset, the user interface doesn't let me do a lot. Last night I had paused eset but didn't have any luck, this time I'll try a reboot.

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I was able to remove the block from my security and I can now connect to the NVR every time. I get the 4 channel display and in the menu bar it shows a camera "D7 IPC". When I click on that I get the spinning circle on one of the channels for a few seconds then a message "The login return time is up". I also got another popup from eset saying it blocked another attempt from a duplicate IP address, 192.168.1.108 which must be the camera. I unblocked it as well but not able to see it yet. I'll go into eset again and make sure it is unblocked. Meanwhile I am wondering if I should change the IP address on the NVR so I can tell what is what in eset?

.NVR on PC.jpg

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
What had me confused was why couldn't I connect even with eset turned off which I tried last night, then today when I forced eset to allow the connection it only worked for a short time. Then I figured out what is happening. Even though eset takes over Windows security and disables it, when I tell eset to allow a connection to an IP address it sees as a threat, it stops blocking it but a few minutes later Windows kicks in and blocks it so I have to change the settings there as well.

Trust me, I am far from a network expert and I'm just blundering my way through this. Any help is much appreciated.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this camera plugged into one of the NVR PoE ports on the back of the NVR?