Dahua HFW3549, No Clips

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua 5MP IPC-HFW3549 bullet cam, This camera has a built in alarm which is setup to activate on the human and vehicle tripwire setting. It works as intended. I have it running thru BI to send MMS to my phone on any motion alert. I'm getting motion alerts text, but there are no clips to view. I have it set on continuous recording, but can't figure out why there are no clips for the motion alerts. Any suggestions?
2021-09-27 095437.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
As an aside, change the "combine and cut" time to one hour. Makes it easier to review a full clip when it's only an hour versus eight hours and they will rarely get to 4GB.

In the alert, do you have "include a snapshot" enabled?

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an aside, change the "combine and cut" time to one hour. Makes it easier to review a full clip when it's only an hour versus eight hours and they will rarely get to 4GB.

In the alert, do you have "include a snapshot" enabled?
yes. I am getting a snapshot.

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Configuration for the alert...
Alert.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How about "Actions - On Alert". That's what's important and click edit on the action and post that too.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well Bi is doing what it is configured for. If you want a clip, go to the Trigger tab, Immediate Actions, add an email message and check the "add video" box and set what you want there in terms of length and so on.

Kaos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was originally referring to the clips in BI. It was showing clips that were created for the time (8hr) rule. I changed that at your suggestion to 1hr. I restarted BI and now it it showing new clips. I'm a little confused as to why, but thanks for your help.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It literally could have been a glitch when BI loaded that produced that. Strange things happen sometimes. I don't know that all this did anything but the restart sure did. Glad it's working properly again.