Dahua / Hikvision Banned?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So what's this blacklist going to do? Will we not be able to import them anymore?
The list you linked states that those companies cannot IMPORT U.S. tech without U.S. government approval.

Earlier stated ban of Hikvision and Dahua tech applied only to U.S. government and military installations and usage.

Currently, and likely in the near future, IP cameras from those companies will still be sold in the U.S. market.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
And also according to IPVM, Dahua and Hikvision have been kicked out of Onvif?

ONVIF Suspends Dahua and Hikvision

Anyone know what the implications will be?
I assume that means they don't get to participate in updating the ONVIF standard. If I am correct, that seems like a totally irresponsible move by ONVIF.

I already don't like ONVIF, as a specificiation, because they seem to have gone out of their way to make it difficult to learn and implement.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Legend says that Dahua and Hikvision cameras are installed all over Area 52

Reaction score
From what I undersand it is a standard, regarding inter-compatability, so it may affect that aspect, Am thinking that it is something that they pay royalties into, and now are pushed out, it used to be we said "tear down them walls" now we are the ones building them, is this like freedom gas??